Vibrafit Machine

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Vibrafit Machine

Postby seacat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:52 am

We took a look at a Vibrafit machine yesterday at the Green Fest in San Francisco. You stand on them (platform) and it shakes rapidly from side to side at various speeds. You can also sit on them, do push-ups planks, etc. Does anyone have a comment or knowledge about whether these machines benefit ones fitness level or help with fat loss, lymphatic drainage, osteoporosis, cellulite, stress reliever, metabolism booster? They cost around $1600 at the show.

I haven't found much info on them pro or con (other than what the specific manufacturers say about them) on the net yet.

Thanks,
Pam
seacat

Re: Vibrafit Machine

Postby Crider » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:34 pm

It's always better to move your own body for health rather than have a machine move your body for you.
Crider

Postby vgpedlr » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:15 pm

From what I've read, they may have some potential. But I don't think they're worth the money. Exercise on your own and spend the money elsewhere.
vgpedlr

Postby seacat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Thanks vgpedler and crider. I think these types of machines are more popular in Europe and elsewhere in the world, from what I can tell. I believe they can be helpful augmenting your other exercise routine. Kind of like an electric toothbrush: you still brush normally, but the additional vibration helps to stimulate your gums and circulation in that area. We didn't buy one after all. they are super expensive, and I just don't believe they are worth that kind of money. I am going to keep up my walking, swimming, biking routine!
seacat

Postby Drew_ab » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:45 pm

I've seen them and I'm extremely sceptical about the benefits they might bring.

Go for a walk. Go for a jog. Clean your house vigourously. Do yoga. Lift some weights. Trim some bushes. Ride your bike. Go for a swim. Chase some kids around your yard. Join a sports team. Join a gym. Whatever. Move, move, move, repeat.

Go for what is tried, tested, and true when it comes to fitness and weight-loss, not some fad of the week machine.
Drew_ab

Return to Exercise and Fitness