Heart Rate Monitor

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Heart Rate Monitor

Postby BigFan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:31 pm

I am looking for a cheap (and pretty accurate) heart rate monitor where I can hopefully store the data from my workout. In other words, I'd like to workout and have it keep my heart rate every couple of minutes somewhere, so I could download and look at it on my computer.

I believe the Polar H6 and H7 will do that, but they're kind of pricey. Anything else out there?
BigFan

Re: Heart Rate Monitor

Postby vgpedlr » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Garmin has models without the GPS function (and therefore lower price) that connect to a computer via an ANT+ dongle.
vgpedlr

Postby BigFan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Thx. They've got a support number, so I can give them a call probably and find out.

It's tough to figure out what the minimum is cuzz they have the chest heart rate monitors; watches, etc. and I'm not sure what the options are for broadcasting...
BigFan

Postby Skip » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:53 pm

How about a model for under $40 that is accurate, works in the swimming pool and is durable. I have had this model for at least a year and although it doesn't have many bells and whistles, it will provide you with:

1) Your heart rate and the current amount of time that has elapsed in your workout real time
2) When you are done, it gives you the average heart rate you had for the entire workout and the max heart rate you hit for the entire workout

On the downside, it only stores this data for one workout. When you start the monitor for the next workout, all of the data from the previous workout is gone. To me, this doesn't matter.

I like the unit because it works well in the pool as well as outside the pool and the price/value ratio is outstanding. Here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Rate- ... merReviews

When this thing dies, I'm going to purchase another one!
"The fundamental principle of ethics is reverence for life" Albert Schweitzer
Skip

Return to Exercise and Fitness