Plant based diet after MRT results

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Plant based diet after MRT results

Postby carlosramirez » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:19 pm

To whom it may concern,
Good Afternoon. I would like to be able to follow a plant based/juice diet but it appears hard to follow after I had a Mediator Release Test (MRT). I would like to follow Forks Over Knives diet plan but many of the ingredients are foods I am reactive to and can not eat.
Long-story-short, I was on 13 different medications and needed to loose weight; I was tired of being tired with high blood pressure and aches and pains everywhere. I have for the past year followed the JJ Virgin Diet (removed 7 food intolerances) with success but had a hard time following the Engine 2 diet and the Forks Over Knives diet. It had become more complicated to follow a plant based diet since my MRT results. Even though following the JJ Virgin Diet had been successful (lost 50 lbs and all my bloodwork results came back lower in all critical markers and blood pressure normal), I still felt I was eating something that was causing me problems. I still had congestion in my chest that would not completely disappear.
The MRT results as follows:
Very Reactive: Cheddar, Soybean, Sweet Potato, Wheat
Reactive: Amaranth, Cantaloupe, Cayenne, Clam, Corn, Crab, Dill, Flaxseed, Grape, Halibut, Hazelnut, Kamut, Lamb, Lettuce, Lima Bean, Mango, Mushroom, Oat, Onion, Pear, Pecan, Quinoa, Salmon, Scallions, Strawberries, Tilapia, Turmeric, White Potato, Zucchini.
Since removing additional items as listed above, like Flaxseed, Sweet Potato, Quinoa, Strawberries, Mushroom, Onion and Zucchini, my congestion in my chest has almost completely disappeared. Again, I would like to follow a plant based diet but find it hard without eating meat to make up calories and some nutrients.
If there are and questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your time and information on your website
Sincerely,
Carlos
carlosramirez

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning