afraid of overeating

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

afraid of overeating

Postby drpotato » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am

hey everyone,
first of all sorry for my English :-( ...its my third language...
Im a 16 years old highschooler, i went vegan exactly 7 months ago for ethical reasons without realizing the health benefits of plant-based diets...
in my first 5 months there was lots of pressure on me, ive been a vegetarian before for a year (when i was 13) and i ended up with anemia, my parents were really worried about me getting enough neutrons and i lacked knowledge so i ate and ate and ate and i ended up gaining weight...
in the end of July\ start of august i heard about the starch solution and since then im trying to be a starchivore but it doesn't work...
my main problem is that im really afraid of overeating ( gaining more weight) so i eat little amounts of starches during the day and at night i get really hungry and i binge on unhealthy foods...
i need your help... how much can i eat and what to eat in order to be healthy and lose weight?
drpotato

Re: afraid of overeating

Postby Acura » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:56 pm

A wise Doctor once said, the best medicine for humans is LOVE. Someone asked, what if, it doesn't work?
The Doctor said, then increase the dose.
CC
Acura

Postby calvin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:42 pm

You might get some inspiration from this webinar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nQqRyUvFLs

in which Dr. McDougall speaks to effects of bad food on youth.
calvin

Postby vgpedlr » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:38 am

drpotato wrote: im trying to be a starchivore but it doesn't work...

It doesn't work if you don't eat the starch.
my main problem is that im really afraid of overeating ( gaining more weight) so i eat little amounts of starches during the day and at night i get really hungry and i binge on unhealthy foods...

You've answered your own question. Your body needs calories and it will get them. Do you want those calories to come from healthy unrefined starches or a binge on "unhealthy foods?" Don't be afraid of starch!
i need your help... how much can i eat and what to eat in order to be healthy and lose weight?

Eat unrefined starches such as brown rice and other whole grains, potatoes and other starchy vegetables, beans, peas, and lentils. Add in whatever other fruits and veggies you like.

Jeff has great resources in the FAQs in his forum.
vgpedlr

Postby drpotato » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:26 am

Acura wrote:A wise Doctor once said, the best medicine for humans is LOVE. Someone asked, what if, it doesn't work?
The Doctor said, then increase the dose.

thank you! it really inspired me...
i began to eat more...and I AM LOSING WEIGHT!!! even without working out...
drpotato

Postby drpotato » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:30 am

vgpedlr wrote:
drpotato wrote: im trying to be a starchivore but it doesn't work...

It doesn't work if you don't eat the starch.

You've answered your own question. Your body needs calories and it will get them. Do you want those calories to come from healthy unrefined starches or a binge on "unhealthy foods?" Don't be afraid of starch!

Eat unrefined starches such as brown rice and other whole grains, potatoes and other starchy vegetables, beans, peas, and lentils. Add in whatever other fruits and veggies you like.

Jeff has great resources in the FAQs in his forum.

i've been eating more starches during the last 3 days, i would begin my day with oatmeal and apples, and for lunch and dinner i had brown rice and vegetables and its really working! so far ive lost 1 kg (about 1.2 lbs) and i have more energy...
thank you
drpotato

Postby drpotato » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:31 am

calvin wrote:You might get some inspiration from this webinar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nQqRyUvFLs

in which Dr. McDougall speaks to effects of bad food on youth.

thank you a lot :-)
drpotato

Postby Jmh6451 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:20 pm

I haven't been doing this for very long, only a couple of weeks this time.

I've been devouring as much education as I can get my hands on. Youtube has some excellent information, coming from Dr McDougall himself. I just ordered two books. That includes recipes. You have to rely on starch as your food. I had to increase my amount because I was always hungry. Don't be afraid of it starch is your friend.
Jmh6451

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning