Easy, Tasty bulk recipes to freeze?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Easy, Tasty bulk recipes to freeze?

Postby nicoles » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:32 pm

HI Everyone! Since I eat such a limited subset of the McDougall diet, I don't know a lot of good, easy, freeze-able recipes that are tasty to people other than myself.

My husband and I are making a list of recipes for us and the other kids to make for our in-laws, so that they have a lot of healthy food handy in their house. They were eating McDougall but are getting to old and still work so are too tired to make all their food from scratch. They had started to just eat out a lot, but they don't have enough money to eat out well where they live, so that means fast food, and the effect on their health is clear, so we all want to make it easier for them.

Anyone have some good suggestions for quick, tasty All-American tasting meals you can make in bulk and freeze? Thanks in advance!
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Re: Easy, Tasty bulk recipes to freeze?

Postby Dougalling » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:10 am

To save space, freeze pasta sauces in individual portions. Use vermicelli as your pasta. It boils much faster than large pastas.
Engine 2 Mac No Cheese sauce freezes well.
Cooked rice can be frozen.
Soups, stews, burritos, bean burgers, just about anything you like can be frozen.
You can make your own frozen dinners.
Dougalling

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning