Dr. McDougall's Right Foods

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Dr. McDougall's Right Foods

Postby JOJO1947 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:49 am

Hi Jeff, Wondered if Dr. McDougall has any input on the nutrition of the Right Foods? I know he sold the brand. Seems like so much sodium in many of the soups. Thanks. JoAnn
JOJO1947

Re: Dr. McDougall's Right Foods

Postby JeffN » Mon May 17, 2021 10:12 am

JOJO1947 wrote:Hi Jeff, Wondered if Dr. McDougall has any input on the nutrition of the Right Foods? I know he sold the brand. Seems like so much sodium in many of the soups. Thanks. JoAnn

As far as I know, no input but you might want to write and ask Heather

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby JOJO1947 » Mon May 17, 2021 1:19 pm

Thank you Jeff!
JOJO1947

Postby JeffN » Mon May 17, 2021 1:43 pm

I talked to Heather.

John doesn't have any say, neither does she.

In regard to the cup of soups, all the salt is in the separate flavor packet so you can either use 1/2 of a packet or 1 packet for 2 soups and the ratio will be 1:1. Or, you can leave out the flavor packet and add your own spice and get the sodium down to what occurs naturally.

With the aseptic boxes, you can dilute out the sodium but pouring it over or mixing it with a plate of rice, potatoes or whole grain pasta. All these will contribute calories but not much sodium and the overall sodium/calorie ratio will be much lower.

Hope that helps
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Jeff Novick, RD