It is fat that clogs the lock, yes?

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

It is fat that clogs the lock, yes?

Postby iamlightnow » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:46 pm

If I understand insulin resistance in simple terms, it is fat that clogs the lock and does not let the insulin into the cell. And eating no fat and high carb/starch will clear these locks. So my question is : for a few months I experimented with a Carnivore diet and my blood sugar levels and HA1C came down dramatically and also my trigylcerides. Before I had been eating alot of whole carbs, but did still use oil and A1C was a bit high and tris were out the window. So if fat is what clogs the lock and causes insulin resistance, how can a meat, fatty diet lower blood sugar? I don't get it. Wouldn't the locks stay clogged from all that saturated fat? Thank you for an answer.
iamlightnow

Re: It is fat that clogs the lock, yes?

Postby JeffN » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:59 pm

This may help you...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=57026

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby iamlightnow » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:06 pm

Thank you for that, but it is really over my head to read all those reports. Is there a simple answer to why a heavy fat diet, as well as a no fat diet will reduce blood sugar. It seems they both work within their restrictions, carbs with no fats, or fats with no carbs.
iamlightnow

Postby JeffN » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:18 pm

I am curious as to why you ask the question?

The link is to my simple answer.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby iamlightnow » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:25 pm

I ask because I have had good results from both ways of eating, meat and a bit of veg, and starch based with minimal fat. They are so opposite, yet both gave me good AC1 results. And I saw a FoK youtube about fat being the culprit in blocking insulin from the cells and it makes me wonder if that is the case, then how can a meat diet lower my blood sugar like it did. I ate that way specifically to see if it would help sugar, and it did. I am more at peace though with a starch WOE
iamlightnow

Return to Jeff Novick, RD