Your Burgers

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Your Burgers

Postby LuckyToBeAlive » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Hey Jeff,
Just wanted to pass this along: Over my 7+ years of eating WFPB I've collected and tried many plant-based burger recipes. Yours remains the best! Very simple, very tasty, and (coming from you) I'm sure very WFPB-compliant. What else matters? Oh yeah--very inexpensive too! :-) All the best to you, and thanks.

PS -- I've tried a number of spice mixes, but my personal favorite is an Italian sausage seasoning mix I found: 1 Tbsp each garlic powder and fresh ground pepper, 3 tsp cayenne (to taste, of course), 5 Tbsp fennel seed (hope they're not too fatty), 2 tsp crushed chili peppers, 5 Tbsp paprika. I add one Tbsp of this mix per one can of kidney beans, etc.
LuckyToBeAlive

Re: Your Burgers

Postby JeffN » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:59 pm

LuckyToBeAlive wrote:Hey Jeff,
Just wanted to pass this along: Over my 7+ years of eating WFPB I've collected and tried many plant-based burger recipes. Yours remains the best! Very simple, very tasty, and (coming from you) I'm sure very WFPB-compliant. What else matters? Oh yeah--very inexpensive too! :-) All the best to you, and thanks.

PS -- I've tried a number of spice mixes, but my personal favorite is an Italian sausage seasoning mix I found: 1 Tbsp each garlic powder and fresh ground pepper, 3 tsp cayenne (to taste, of course), 5 Tbsp fennel seed (hope they're not too fatty), 2 tsp crushed chili peppers, 5 Tbsp paprika. I add one Tbsp of this mix per one can of kidney beans, etc.

Thank you! Glad you enjoy them!

BTW, the sausage recipe sounded familiar, so I checked. You can find it posted here...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31969#p321350

We once served it at the VegSource Conference in LA to about 400 people. They loved it too!

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Jeff Novick, RD