Question relating to your SNAP recipes

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Question relating to your SNAP recipes

Postby Mrs Sunny » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Dear Jeff,

I just found your recipe for Curried Potato Stew - sounds delicious! Can you tell me for how many servings you usually plan your SNAP meals? Thank you.
Mrs Sunny

Re: Question relating to your SNAP recipes

Postby JeffN » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Mrs Sunny wrote:Dear Jeff,

I just found your recipe for Curried Potato Stew - sounds delicious! Can you tell me for how many servings you usually plan your SNAP meals? Thank you.

That’s a good question. My answer, I don’t know. Depend on the person and how hungry they are and their goals.

You see, along with my SNAP recipes, I teach a process that makes sure you always have plenty of health food around. It is simple, always cook 2-3x a recipe. Then, you would consume enough to feel comfortable full following the principles of either the regular program or the MWL program, depending whether you are trying to lose weight, or not. The leftover would go in the refrigerator and/or freezer.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: Question relating to your SNAP recipes

Postby Mrs Sunny » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:14 pm

JeffN wrote: You see, along with my SNAP recipes, I teach a process that makes sure you always have plenty of health food around.

I even cannot overemphasize the importance of this! Being able to cook plenty of food in a small time or just knowing there is something I already prepared in my fridge changed a lot for me. Beside this, I looked up some of your other SNAP meals, they are all so changeable. Just change an ingredient or use different spices and you have a complete new meal! Amazing!

Thanks for your answer, Jeff.
I just asked because I like preparing my food 2-3 days in advance at the moment.
Mrs Sunny

Return to Jeff Novick, RD