Need some help

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Need some help

Postby cuddles » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:19 pm

I recently had a hysterectomy which created some complications. I ended up with a blocked bowel and hernia which I had two surgeries for the hernia and will be having another surgery soon. I found out recently that the second hernia surgery part of the small intestine was taken out which is now creating issues for me. I can’t eat much without feeling veey full. A half hour after eating I am in the bathroom with diahrrea. I can barely eat two meals a day because I am
Full from the two meals. The meals that I eat are small so I am not consuming much food. I do make congee in the morning for breakfasts and dinner consists of any leftovers that I have I have in the fridge. I can barely get a lunch or a small snack down in between breakfast or dinner. I can use some suggestions on high nutrient snacks and meals besides the congee since I am having issues with trying to get enough food into me.
cuddles

Re: Need some help

Postby JeffN » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:37 am

Unfortunately, I can't respond to these specific personal health issues in this forum

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Jeff Novick, RD