Burger Bun to Replace Ezekiel Whole Grain Buns?

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Burger Bun to Replace Ezekiel Whole Grain Buns?

Postby tinabonifacio » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Jeff, what is your current recommendation for a whole grain burger bun? My local Whole Foods is no longer stocking the Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Burger Buns. And, I heard a rumor that the manufacturer had discontinued them. I'm in the process of confirming that with Food for Life (earlier tonight, I filled out their website's Contact Us form). Either way, what is your current recommendation for a whole grain burger bun? Thanks! (PS I met you in Feb 2019 at a McDougall 3-Day Intensive. And, I watched all your YouTube videos and your Fast Food DVD series when I returned home. Your Calorie Density lecture changed my life! Since then, I've lost 70 pounds and am off all chronic disease meds. I said goodbye to 3 blood pressure pills, 1 cholesterol pill, and 1 diabetic pill! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!)
tinabonifacio

Re: Burger Bun to Replace Ezekiel Whole Grain Buns?

Postby JeffN » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:58 pm

tinabonifacio wrote:Jeff, what is your current recommendation for a whole grain burger bun? My local Whole Foods is no longer stocking the Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Burger Buns. And, I heard a rumor that the manufacturer had discontinued them. I'm in the process of confirming that with Food for Life (earlier tonight, I filled out their website's Contact Us form). Either way, what is your current recommendation for a whole grain burger bun? Thanks! (PS I met you in Feb 2019 at a McDougall 3-Day Intensive. And, I watched all your YouTube videos and your Fast Food DVD series when I returned home. Your Calorie Density lecture changed my life! Since then, I've lost 70 pounds and am off all chronic disease meds. I said goodbye to 3 blood pressure pills, 1 cholesterol pill, and 1 diabetic pill! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!)

Thank you! Glad you have been able to implement the program with such great success.

Congratulations!!

My number one choice for commercially available bread is Food For Life so hopefully they will come through for you.

If they no longer make the buns, do not despair, they also make English muffins that pass the guidelines and are the perfect size for the burgers.

https://www.foodforlife.com/product/eng ... sh-muffins

Let me know if Food For Life responds

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: Burger Bun to Replace Ezekiel Whole Grain Buns?

Postby tinabonifacio » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:38 pm

Great news! Food for Life confirms that they ARE still manufacturing Ezekiel Whole Grain Hamburger Buns! They are also available online at www.azurestandard.com. Wahoo!
tinabonifacio

Return to Jeff Novick, RD