Reread Jewish Food Hero interview, Dec 2015

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Reread Jewish Food Hero interview, Dec 2015

Postby spinner » Mon May 02, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi Jeff,
I've read a lot about this way of eating from a lot of different folks and I think your Dec. 2015 interview at the Jewish Food Hero website is the best of the best. I keep a printout handy, and, whenever I start to feel my enthusiasm fade, these six pages kindly and succinctly remind me of the way to approach nourishment. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the minutiae and get discouraged, but your responses to the interviewer guide us right back to the fundamentals. Thank you from the bottom of my healthier heart.

Please, add the link for those who may have missed this terrific interview. Thanks!
spinner

Re: Reread Jewish Food Hero interview, Dec 2015

Postby JeffN » Mon May 02, 2016 1:49 pm

spinner wrote:Hi Jeff,
I've read a lot about this way of eating from a lot of different folks and I think your Dec. 2015 interview at the Jewish Food Hero website is the best of the best. I keep a printout handy, and, whenever I start to feel my enthusiasm fade, these six pages kindly and succinctly remind me of the way to approach nourishment. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the minutiae and get discouraged, but your responses to the interviewer guide us right back to the fundamentals. Thank you from the bottom of my healthier heart.

Please, add the link for those who may have missed this terrific interview. Thanks!

Thank you!

I am not sure what it is, but in the last few months, probably since 2016 began, I have received way more requests (emails, texts, posts, tweets, blogs, counseling appointments, etc) about the minutia then ever before. And, the worst part, it seems to do more harm then good, interfering with peoples ability to see and get the bigger picture.

Here is a link to the interview...

http://jewishfoodhero.com/an-interview- ... ff-novick/

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: Reread Jewish Food Hero interview, Dec 2015

Postby frozenveg » Wed May 04, 2016 7:04 am

Thanks, Jeff, and thanks to spinner for asking you to share that link! I can't get enough of good insights from you! This quote jumped out at me, and it serves in so many situations:
One of the most personal experiences people have is the food they eat. So be sure to have compassion for them and stay focused on your own plate. You have a long journey to go and are just getting started

I'm hoping I can get my husband to read that article. Thank you!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Return to Jeff Novick, RD