Cathy Get Real Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Cathy Get Real Journal

Postby cathy1305 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:16 am

Okay so I started this journey in 2007. I have obviously not done well. I have had my ups and downs. I signed up for the 3 day class in Santa Rosa in September. I know I need to log all my food so here goes.

Breakfast - 2 Ezekiel Bread, Tomato and bean sausage
Snack - 8 cherry tomatoes, 2 plums
Lunch - Veggie chili and tortilla chips with 3 cauliflower chikn legs
Dinner - Salad, potato casserole and watermelon

Last week was VBS so I got a lot of exercise and my blood strips in the mornings were fabulous. I need to do some exercise everyday but at 102 degrees kind of hard. I have been doing water aerobics 30 minutes a night. I will keep that up.

Going for a walk in the neighborhood to drop off fliers. Its down to 98 degrees. Should be a warm walk.
Time to get real

Cathy
cathy1305

Re: Cathy Get Real Journal

Postby cathy1305 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:33 am

Day two of new journal

So I was feeling fine this morning. We walked around the block last night with the grandkids to put fliers on the doors for hubby's booth. Blood test strip was good this morning 137.

Breakfast I had rice cereal with 4 strawberries and handful of blueberries with almond milk
snack was 8 cherry and yellow pear tomatoes mixed four of each
Lunch - green beans, onion and squash steam fried and pop corn
dinner - baby potatoes, salad, squash
Last edited by cathy1305 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to get real

Cathy
cathy1305

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:43 am

Oh! I want to do a McDougall weekend SO MUCH!!! I bet it'll revolutionize your life! You're a braver woman than me, walking in 98* heat...Ack!

Keep it up!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby cathy1305 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:44 am

So I didn't get much walk in yesterday. But we went and watch grandson play baseball. Cooled to 94 and had wind which was good until it picked up dust.

Breakfast - rice cereal and almond milk
snack - cherry/pear tomatoes and 1 cup watermelon
Lunch - Beans, rice, lettuce tomato burrito
Snack - 1/2 cup popcorn and corn chex cereal
Dinner - apple and greens smoothie and veggie chips

high today 94 I have to stay at stand until hubby gets back from dentist appointment. Temps supposed to pick up this weekend in the low 100's.

Trying to keep it real whole foods. I'll have to fill in Lunch and dinner later

yesterday was a hard day I need some food I can pack in a ice chest to take with me. On a pleasant note temps cooled in the evening so it was breezy outside.
Time to get real

Cathy
cathy1305

Postby cathy1305 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:44 am

Today is a new day. It is supposed to be warmer today.

Breakfast - rice cereal and almond milk and 1 plum hubby cut off the pit for me.
Snack - cherry/pear tomatoes and carrot sticks
Lunch - beans and greens wrap and baby potatoes
Snack - popcorn
Dinner - beans, greens and mango salad and pizza

temperature is supposed to be 96 degrees so not too bad. Hoping for a good day. Its Friday!!

So was not as warm as I expected but still warm. Next couple days are the heat days.
Time to get real

Cathy
cathy1305

Postby cathy1305 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:46 am

June 30th

Supposed to be 102 degrees I work the stand from noon to 3 p.m.

Breakfast - ezekiel bread 1/2 tomato and bean sausage
snack - cherry tomatoes and more salad
Lunch - lentil soup
snack -
dinner -

Hoping I don't have to work much but thinking I will. I don't do well in the heat.
Time to get real

Cathy
cathy1305

Postby cathy1305 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:15 pm

So I haven't been here in a while. I've been compliant for about 3 months and I still have problems.

Had to give up my dream of going to a McDougall weekend because after 31 days of over 103 degree temps out air conditioner broke and our system in attic was blown to bits. $11,000 dollars later and 2 weeks in the heat without air conditioning we are back in business. Not happy it cost so much but blessed we are able to get an interest free loan and hopefully can pay if off soon. The McDougall weekend will have to wait until another time. Totally bummed.

So I went to the doctor last Tuesday. I was so excited all my test results had dropped. Liver enzymes, Ac-1 and trygl and chol. All of them are down and getting better. Started a Mary's mini with Chuck on Brand New Vegan and well it didn't last but at least I'm still plant based whole food. I found out I'm addicted to bread. Ezekiel is the name so sad. We trying to do potatoes my starch and salad and veggie soups. Still staying to true to diet just not Mary's mini. I eat little baby potatoes when I'm starved or I think I am. There are a lot of things I won't be buying anymore and I have dry beans and peas to make my own compliant soups.

B - I had oatmeal and blueberries with a splash of almond milk
S - potatoes
L - Hash browns with kale and spinach steam fried
D - Pasta and mushroom sauce and salad

Was thinking about a picnic in the mountains for us for dinner just to get away. Now I'm thinking it's to much to handle. :eek:

More later
Cathy
Time to get real

Cathy
cathy1305

Postby cathy1305 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 am

Monday August 20th

Grandson starts school and all the other kids in town.

This past weekend had my emotions up and down. I thought I was doing well on Saturday had pain but worked through it with hubby. Got the room organized. Ups and downs. Sunday was a different day. Things didn't go well. I usually want to run away and stick my head in the sand but couldn't.

Here it is Monday

B - Cereal blueberries almond milk and raisins
S - cherry tomatoes and a peach
L - Split pea soup and toast
S -
D - cabbage, rice and tomato sauce and salad
Time to get real

Cathy
cathy1305

Postby cathy1305 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:54 am

Tuesday August 21st

Today was a good day. Started out like most. Having a hard time with breakfast. Oats are not appealing as they were.

Potatoes and toast
grapes and tomatoes and crackers
split pea soup and taters
potato salad
cabbage rice and tomato sauce

Hoping this day is good and temps cooler. I'm tire of 102 + temps. Can't go outside air quality is bad.

Trying to get through the day.

Cathy :-)
Time to get real

Cathy
cathy1305

Postby moonlight » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi Cathy,

Congrats on your test results at your doctor visit! Yay, you! :D
moonlight

Postby cathy1305 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:23 am

Good Morning
Thursday August 23

Thanks for the encouragement Moonlight. Its nice to have encouragement for others going through the same thing.

This week has been interesting needless to say. Sometimes its hard to be around people in general but then I have to remember I am blessed and this too shall pass.

I saw my endo doc for results of ultra sound on liver and pancreas everything is doing oky doky. So I can keep eating this way. No processed foods at all she said. This is what causes liver problems. More and more is it happening (sickness) from what we eat and I have to agree.

B hash browns
S tomatoes, peach and almonds (12)
L Split pea soup
S cantaloupe
D TBA

Well hoping for a fabulous weekend. The temps are cooling finally.

Cathy :D
Time to get real

Cathy
cathy1305

Postby cathy1305 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:24 am

Good Morning
Thursday August 30th

Breakfast - oatmeal and an apricot
snack - muffin
Lunch - split pea soup
snack - potato chips made in the microwave
dinner - Hash browns and mixed vegetables

I went away last weekend so I froze the last of my split pea soup. Now I'm going through the MWL book I think I might do the Fast Minestrone. It sounds good and my problem is I get tired of eating the same thing. I'm not like the McDougalls or the Esselstyns who eat the same thing every day. I get tired of it. I have been faithful with my oatmeal. I have been eating rolled oats but my doctor recommended steel cut so I got some quick cooking steel cut oats from Trader Joes.

I also found the Jane Esselstyn Youtube channel and have watched most of those. I love the potato salad after I tried it. I was grossed out by the use of sugar free apple sauce. But its a keeper.

I'm going to work closer to MWL and yes I know I ate a muffin but it was vegan and they were good and it was the last one. I'll do better at lunch. No more muffins in the house.

Cathy
Time to get real

Cathy
cathy1305

Postby Ejeff » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:28 am

Hi Cathy,

I also thought the potatoe salad with applesauce sounded so weird, but I made it and quite enjoyed it. I have frozen applesauce to use up so I think I will be making it again and again. I couldn’t find fresh dill so had to use dried, but I hope to find fresh when I make it again next week.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals