Starting Again

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Starting Again

Postby forgood » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Have a hard time going more than 3 days eating this way. But recently got pre diabetes diagnosis and plantar fasciitis, so I'm scared.

I just fasted for 2 days to see if that helps. No hunger but going to eat cause I'm on antidepressant and a antipsychotic and I don't know how that interacts with fasting.

Going to start with the regular Mcdougall way instead of trying to do SOS or MWL plan, to see if that helps just to stick to it more than 3 days. I need to lose a lot of weight, but want to get past 3 days at first and just stick to it.

My starting weight is around 255, it went down to 249 after fasting, but I know I'll gain some water weight back etc.
forgood

Re: Starting Again

Postby forgood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:37 am

I know had too much tofu, my fat was 16%.
forgood

Postby moonlight » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Good luck, forgood! It gets easier the longer you stay on the diet. :) There's a lot of helpful information on this website. Read as much as you can. Don't beat yourself up when you have an off day. Just keeping trying.
moonlight

Postby roundcoconut » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:33 am

forgood, I love that you posted a screenshot of your Cronometer. I stole your idea like the little bandit that I am, and now have a Cronometer screenshot of my day as well.

I want to share one other thing with you, which is that I’m a firm believer in the idea that we only really start to have fun with this once we get good at it, and start racking up successes.

So I would lovingly encourage you to consider eating one cup of cannelini beans in place of the block of tofu, and for now, drinking 1/2 cup of plant milk diluted out with 1/2 cup of water.

I only say this because I want you to feel awesome and happy, and life starts to feel awesome and happy when you get your calorie density down to where you’re SAILING toward a better BMI. Every. Single. Week.

Your potato entry is beautiful.

Your broccoli entry is fabulous!

Your banana entry is too hot for words!

And your mixed veg entry is a piece of brilliance!

You made some really excellent food choices, and I want to make sure you are getting high-fived on them. They will serve you well. :)

PS - There is a youtuber I am quite fond of, who only offers ideas about other people’s foods by saying, “And may I lovingly suggest that eating x is not serving you?” or “may I lovingly recommend that you try doing y?” — so I kinda say that with a mixture of sincerity and humor.
roundcoconut

Postby forgood » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 pm

roundcoconut wrote:forgood, I love that you posted a screenshot of your Cronometer. I stole your idea like the little bandit that I am, and now have a Cronometer screenshot of my day as well.

I want to share one other thing with you, which is that I’m a firm believer in the idea that we only really start to have fun with this once we get good at it, and start racking up successes.

So I would lovingly encourage you to consider eating one cup of cannelini beans in place of the block of tofu, and for now, drinking 1/2 cup of plant milk diluted out with 1/2 cup of water.

I only say this because I want you to feel awesome and happy, and life starts to feel awesome and happy when you get your calorie density down to where you’re SAILING toward a better BMI. Every. Single. Week.

Your potato entry is beautiful.

Your broccoli entry is fabulous!

Your banana entry is too hot for words!

And your mixed veg entry is a piece of brilliance!

You made some really excellent food choices, and I want to make sure you are getting high-fived on them. They will serve you well. :)

PS - There is a youtuber I am quite fond of, who only offers ideas about other people’s foods by saying, “And may I lovingly suggest that eating x is not serving you?” or “may I lovingly recommend that you try doing y?” — so I kinda say that with a mixture of sincerity and humor.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try the beans and diluting the soy milk. have been eating too much tofu. Found that they have low fat soymilk at the dollar store here.
forgood

Postby forgood » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:44 pm

Is this too much food? My fat today was 12%. Have a lot of tofu to use up, and I know the almond coffee creamer in coffee isn't helping, but I'm on antipsychotics that make me lethargic (side effect), if I don't have caffeine I have zero energy, even eating healthy.

forgood

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals