For Real This Time

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

For Real This Time

Postby LaurieO » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 am

Today is the day I get serious. I've been a vegetarian for years but its time to do better. I'm tired of feeling out of breath over little things. I'm tired of not liking my appearance. It's not just me I'm doing this for. I have a 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter who are also vegetarian and I intend to help them know how to eat healthily so they can have good lives.

More to come. I'm off to make my shopping list and create some good habits.
LaurieO

Re: For Real This Time

Postby LaurieO » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:28 pm

I have lost 34 pounds so far. In a little over a year. I have NOT been 100% consistent with the starch solution, but I am going on 7 or 8 years vegetarian (no meat or gelatin etc but a little dairy or eggs from time to time, although this is getting less and less.)

Slow and steady wins the race they say. I am 66 pounds away from my goal weight although I've never been 130 as an adult so who knows, maybe I'll be happy at 140 or 150? We shall see.

Right now... I am OVER THE MOON to be under 200 pounds. :D
LaurieO

Re: For Real This Time

Postby michaelswarm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:28 am

After you experience sustained health and weight loss, you believe, you kow, that whole starches, fruits and vegetables do not make you fat, do not cause diabetes, do not cause heart disease, etc. Stop injuring your body, and it immediately starts to heal itself.

Jeff Novick likes to say something like time and adherence gets results.

Everyone has their own unique application of personality, beliefs, habits, tastes, culture, family and friends, and it’s a big effort to unlearn and relearn how to eat and live.

Congratulations.
michaelswarm

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning