The Awesomeness & High Standards Accountability Thread

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

The Awesomeness & High Standards Accountability Thread

Postby roundcoconut » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Here’s an idea — let’s make a pact to decide who we would like to become and how we would like to transform, and agree to have one little place in the world, and one little place on these forums, where we obsess about being awesome and kicking ass.

Does anyone else besides me, long to have a place, where nobody says, “Don’t worry about it” when we are deviating from from highest intentions for ourselves, or making excuses as to why we have compromised in our past.

Wouldn’t it be super awesome to have somebody in our lives who is willing to say, “Oh, y’know all those times in your life when you went on an empty stomach to a company pizza party? That’s called Making Poor Choices, and that’s NEVER going to be a part of being awesome or kicking ass.”

So there y’go!

I would like to encourage anyone and everyone to post about what behaviors they LIKE and WANT for themselves, and what those mediocre substitutes are, that they are now making better choices instead.

Pour it all out and let’s get a thread of awesomeness going, yes? :)
roundcoconut

Re: The Awesomeness & High Standards Accountability Thread

Postby roundcoconut » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:27 pm

I would like to add:

Let’s talk about the cirumstances we PREFER to encounter but not use the language of NEEDING our situations to be ideal.

Like, if I decide that I am somebody who values getting her step counts up, then it will not serve me to say, “It was chilly out this morning so I could not go on my walk. I need the weather to be dry so I can walk comfortably”

We need to instead be saying, “I would PREFER that I can walk when it’s not raining outside, BUT I can always figure out a way to get some steps in, no matter how damp or crappy the weather.”

So, the language of preferences, rather than the language of needs/demands, would probably be a nice guideline to follow. :)
roundcoconut

Postby geo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:24 pm

With the gracious approval of roundcoconut...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, so lets set the bar high...something to achieve and inspire too. Not perfection, but a goal. A goal that will be challenging for the rest of your lives. A goal that can be broken down into a multitude of parts that can help all aspects of your life, not just food or exercise.

So here are my 15 steps to a long, healthy, rewarding life. Do all the steps or just do some, either way you will be way ahead of the game we call life...at least I think so...and let me say theres a lot within each of the rules and lots of ways to better yourself. No two people will be the same in how they respond. No doubt some will even think of things I havent considered. The only important point is to do something!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=57313#p582322
geo

My 1 year Journal McDougalling and results Testimonial
My March 2013 Star McDougaller Story
Some Random Thoughts on Successful McDougalling
geo

Postby Principality » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Uh oh, a tough love thread...this is good. I find it is sometimes too easy to give up and get sympathy that I do not deserve when what would be maybe more motivating would ba a kick in the pants....a whooping of awesomeness delivered in no uncertain terms. Well this is a bit more challenging the saying, “I failed” and being told it is okay. A goal for me, following geo’s post would maybe be to stop using the negative thinking that it is too late to change my actions in a way that will prevent dread diseases. I fall back on this a lot and believee that following geo’s steps would lead to the disproof of it and meet a lot of other goals along the way. Round coconuts idea of using language differntly is something I will have to work on as I tend toward negativity. So what I like and want for myself, the mediocre substitutes and how I am making better choices. Hmmm , I want awesomeness! I want to feel like I am doing everything in my power to not die from cancer like my mother did. Medicore substitutions....would be buying into the hype that no one mnows what causes cancer, my genetics mandate it, or that it is already too late to do anything about it. I am making better choices by implementing MWL eating. Why I believe we need this thread. I was in the military and they used a lot of tough love in training and you really do aspire and achieve greater things when that is what is expected of you. We are often too easy on ourselves and getting acceptance for that behaviour might feel nice for a second but it won’t fix the damage we are doing to ourselves. So, I submit to the power of awesomeness.
Starting weight : 240lbs, current 235.9 change -4.1
Principality

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals