Introducing txdoll

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Introducing txdoll

Postby Txdoll's journal » Wed May 16, 2018 10:59 am

Hi everyone. Thank you for allowing me into your group. I'll start by introducing myself and telling you why I'm here. I'm a 46 year-old female, 5 foot 4 in, 140 lb. I am hypothyroid and perimenopausal. I do take thyroid and hormones and closely monitor those along with my doctor. I'm trying to shed body fat and attain a goal weight of 120 to 125 lb because that's where I feel amazing and that's where I feel my body should be . I've been 140 lb for as long as I can remember. Back in 2005 I started an exercise program and changed my way of eating. At that time, I lost 20 lb and ended up at 120 lb. I ate a high-protein, low-carb, low-fat diet and exercised vigorously for 1 hour, 5 days a week. I felt great.
Fast-forward to 2009 and I ended up gaining back my 20 lb and remain at 140 lb to present day. From 2016 until March of 2018, I was following a keto diet and intermittent fasting. I felt great but did not manage to lose any weight.
In my search for health and longevity and to better my hormonal situation, I found the whole food, plant-based diet and decided to start following it this March of 2018. It's been a great transition and I feel great, but again, I'm not losing weight. I am keeping in mind that I am doing this for the long-term benefits as well, but it is frustrating to see no change in my weight. Really, I'm interested in losing body fat.

In February 2018, I had a body composition scan and here are the results. I weighed in at 135 lb, a BMI of 23, and a body fat percentage of a whopping 39%. That is what I want to change, the body fat percentage. I have the majority of my fat in my belly, which is measuring 36 inches around, and my hips and thighs are very fatty as well.

So I'm going to start this journal in hopes that someone might be able to point out something I might not be doing correctly in order to accomplish my fat loss. I'd appreciate any insight, input, or advice. I look forward to learning from you-all and to sharing with others anything that I may learn here that may help them with their journey to better health. Thanks again.
loving life!

Txdoll's journal

May 16 2018 log

Postby Txdoll's journal » Thu May 17, 2018 9:06 am

5/16

Meal 1 - 8 a.m. 1 c. Plain soy milk, matcha, 5 drops liquid stevia
Meal 2 - 11 a.m. 8 oz. fresh strawberries, 4 oz fresh blueberries, 4 oz banana, 1 tbsp whole flax seeds, 1 cup soy milk, cinnamon
Meal 3 - 4 p.m. 1c steamed broccoli, 1 c steamed edamame, 1 c raw sugar snap peas, 2 tbsp hummus
Meal 4 - 7 p.m. 1 very large salad with tahini dressing, 3 slices pan-fried, panko-breaded eggplant topped with 1 tbsp vegan mozzarella, 1 c whole wheat linguine, 1 c marinara

Very satisfying day worth of food.
loving life!

Txdoll's journal

Re: Introducing txdoll

Postby keithswife » Thu May 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Your fruit mix for you 2nd meal looks delicious. :)
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf
keithswife

May 17, 2018

Postby Txdoll's journal » Fri May 18, 2018 9:52 am

Meal 1 - 8 a.m. - 1 cup soy milk, 1 teaspoon fermented vegetable protein, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1 tbsp hemp seeds, 1 teaspoon chocolate super greens, 5drops liquid stevia

Meal 2 - 12:30 p.m. - lunch out with friends

Vegan Ingredient salad
romaine, cauliflower, avocado, roasted corn, baby
tomato, sun-dried olive, sunflower seed, lemon
tahini vinaigrette
And
Thai Cashew quinoa bowl
zucchini, snap pea, celery, onion, shiitake
mushroom, jalapefio, thai basil, cashew, red quinoa

Meal 3 - 5:15 p.m. - I'm hungry
4 oz fresh strawberries, 2 ounces fresh blueberries, 2 oz banana

Meal 4 - 7 p.m.- small salad, one taco filled with quinoa and bean chili topped with lettuce and tomato and vegan cheese

8:30 p.m. - 8 oz Cabernet Sauvignon

I haven't figured out how to edit my ticker yet, but this morning I weighed 136.5.
loving life!

Txdoll's journal

Re: Introducing txdoll

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:33 am

Hi There

I don't know if you're looking for help with your menus, but there's a lot of high fat ingredients in much of what you posted. If you want to lose body fat, you have got to get the fat out of your diet. Try leaving out avocado, seeds and nuts, nut butters, nut cheeses. I've been doing this for almost 10 years and have had my ups and downs, and it's guaranteed...I've done it many times...when I'm using, say, almond milk, my weight loss stops. When I leave out the nut milks, it starts coming off again.

This advice is something I've also heard from non-plant-based trainers: If you want your abs to show, ditch all fats and fatty foods. It's the only way to do it.

It looks like you've got some scrumptious meals here! Just find a way to eliminate the fats, and you're golden.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning