Real and Simple

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Real and Simple

Postby Qwerty988 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:40 pm

What beautiful photographs!! You clearly have a gift :)

And I'm like you, I like my meals the simpler, the better. I'll for sure be trying that simple chili recipe!

Also, I can vouch for zuchinni as a base for salad dressing. It's nice and creamy and light. I used to commbine it with fresh grapefruit juice and a clove of garlic for a nice light dressing. I also like to grate it raw with a cheese grater and add it to salads that way; it adds a nice bulk and you don't really tastse it.

I look forward to following your journey! :-D
Qwerty988

Postby Ruff » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:06 pm

What an amazing story about the kitty rock! Such a wonderful find on your first day of walking. I’m sure your granddaughters will love to paint rocks! My kids would have loved this idea when they were young!

And, of course, we’ll done with starting the walking routine as well! :D
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby Jobet » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Qwerty thank you so much for your visit and kind words! Yes, photography has been a hobby of mine for about fifteen years now. I retired a few years ago from designing web graphics and digital scrapbook products. I'm starting a new hobby as soon as I can locate the materials; rock painting! Can't wait to get more into that.

I can vouch for zuchinni as a base for salad dressing. It's nice and creamy and light. I used to commbine it with fresh grapefruit juice and a clove of garlic for a nice light dressing. I also like to grate it raw with a cheese grater and add it to salads that way; it adds a nice bulk and you don't really tastse it.

I will definitely try the grapefruit juice, garlic, and zucchini dressing. What a great idea. Will also try grating some into my salad. Thanks for the tips.

And I look forward to following your journey too!
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

March 19 and 20

Postby Jobet » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Monday - March 19
Occasionally I have a day where I'm hungry for breakfast, then I get busy, and I'm not very hungry the rest of the day. Yesterday was like that:
B: Baked sweet potato, steamed broccoli and kale
L: (Wasn't hungry) Snacked on a little frozen corn and couple of cuties
D: (Still not hungry) Baked sweet potato

Tuesday - March 20
Super busy today working on my son's book cover. But, my appetite was normal again.
B: Quinoa, steamed carrots, red cabbage, yellow onion
L: Baked sweet potato, steamed broccoli and kale
D: Large quinoa salad: millet, romaine lettuce, baby kale, sweet onion, garbanzo beans, sauerkraut, cucumber, carrot, grd. flax seed
Snack: pineapple

We have rain at the moment, snow tonight and again tomorrow. Hope it's not much in the way of accumulation as I just started walking for exercise again and I don't walk when it's icy out. I'm also concerned the ice and snow will ruin the spring blossoms that are out.

Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Wednesday - March 21

Postby Jobet » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Started snow showers around 7AM today and still going strong! Cold for our area so mostly all I wanted today was a batch of my quick chili. Ate it all three meals, with the addition of other goodies under and on the side.

B: Baked sweet potato left over from yesterday, my quick chili over the potato
L: Quinoa with quick chili and pineapple on the side
D: Baked butternut squash, filled with quick chili and steamed kale on the side

Took a quick shot of the squash and kale. Love this combo!

Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby Suey51 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:45 am

Well done on starting your walking routine! Love your story and picture of the kitty rock, and the other great pictures!

We have a painting / hiding rocks thing going on in my area as well! Out with my health walk group a few weeks back and finding a rock cheered us all immensely. Love how this idea has spread round the world :-D

Look forward to seeing pics of your painted rocks xx
Suey51

Postby Jobet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:56 am

Suey51 wrote:Well done on starting your walking routine! Love your story and picture of the kitty rock, and the other great pictures!

We have a painting / hiding rocks thing going on in my area as well! Out with my health walk group a few weeks back and finding a rock cheered us all immensely. Love how this idea has spread round the world :-D

Look forward to seeing pics of your painted rocks xx

Thanks Suey,

Since starting walking again we have had snow and rain/wind almost every day, so my walking has mostly been on my rebounder inside. :(

I love the story of your health group being cheered by finding a rock. I agree, and love the idea of painting and hiding the rocks for others to find, now that I know how it can cheer a person(s). I'm gathering my materials still but hope to be painting my own in the near future and will share them in my journal.
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby kirstykay » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:09 am

Jobet,
I'm enjoying reading your journal. Your food and food pictures are inspiring! You're doing great!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Jobet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 am

kirstykay wrote:Jobet,
I'm enjoying reading your journal. Your food and food pictures are inspiring! You're doing great!

Thanks so much, Kirsty. Do you keep a journal here? I'm still quite new, so can't remember everyone yet. If you do have a journal, please give me a link to it, or the name of it. :)

Edit: Just found your journal KirstyKay!! Enjoyed reading yours too.
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:10 pm

Oh yum -- I never thought of chili and winter squash together!

Thanks for posting that, I'll be trying it soon! :nod:
Qwerty988

Postby moonlight » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi Jobet. I hope you see this post. It doesn't look like you've posted in your journal in a while but I see your posts other places. Anyway, I wanted to tell you I love your rock pics you posted in the MWL thread. I was thinking about you and rock painting recently, so I'm glad you posted some pictures. The rocks are very pretty. That is so cool that people find them and move them around, even take them to another city. Do you sign your name or put something? Or put the date?
moonlight

Postby Jobet » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:18 am

moonlight wrote:Hi Jobet. I hope you see this post. It doesn't look like you've posted in your journal in a while but I see your posts other places. Anyway, I wanted to tell you I love your rock pics you posted in the MWL thread. I was thinking about you and rock painting recently, so I'm glad you posted some pictures. The rocks are very pretty. That is so cool that people find them and move them around, even take them to another city. Do you sign your name or put something? Or put the date?

Hi moonlight,

Thank you so much for stopping by. Yes, I stopped journaling. This might sound silly, but I stopped because it was making me think of food all day long, in order to record it here. The one thing I love about eating the MWL plan is that I'm not craving or constantly thinking about food. I have a life now which isn't centered around snacking and meals as it once was. I basically think most about what I'm going to eat when I check weekly store ads and make my weekly shopping list. I batch cook several basics, quinoa, millet, sweet potatoes then steam or cut up raw veggies to combine with those items as needed, add some beans, and occasional fruit, and that's about it. I don't need a lot of variety, so rarely use recipes. I find that keeping it very simple works best for me, and takes very little time or thought. I love the food on the plan and will continue eating it for the rest of my days.

I mostly hang out now in the monthly/weekly MWL weigh-in thread instead of journaling and that works great for me.

Thanks too about the rock painting/pics. It's a lot of fun, especially on the rainy days we've had lately, and so much fun hiding them for others to find. I'm sure it's going to be a fun winter hobby. I just always hope finding one of my rocks brighten's someone's day a teeny bit. I just initial the rocks on the back and ask the finder to please share in our local FB rock group, WNC Rocks. It just recently occurred to me to start adding the date, so my newest ones will be dated.

BTW, maybe you can help me with a mystery. I had posted pictures of my meals and rock painting here in my journal, but now all the photos are gone. Do you have any idea why that has happened? I saw a post on the forum yesterday from five years ago with a photo of food and it was still there, but all of mine have gone missing. (??)

Have a wonderful week!! ♥
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby moonlight » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:37 am

Good morning, Jobet. I noticed your pictures were gone, too. I assumed you removed them. I don't know how pictures are loaded into the website or how they are handled. I've never bothered learning how to load pictures so I don't know how to troubleshoot. Did you have them on your computer and downloaded to the website or did you use another online program?

Interesting thought about journaling here kept you thinking about food too much. I wonder if that's the same for me. I'm trying to lose weight. I assumed I thought about it all the time because of that. My food plan is fairly simple most of the time, too. Lately I've been snacking off plan. Seems to happen every few weeks... I like having the journal to write my goals and thoughts. It's kind of odd doing that in an open forum for all to read. I think, though, it helps with my commitments to my goals, putting out there in public view.

I hope you have a good week. :)
moonlight

Postby Jobet » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:26 am

moonlight wrote:Good morning, Jobet. I noticed your pictures were gone, too. I assumed you removed them. I don't know how pictures are loaded into the website or how they are handled. I've never bothered learning how to load pictures so I don't know how to troubleshoot. Did you have them on your computer and downloaded to the website or did you use another online program?

Interesting thought about journaling here kept you thinking about food too much. I wonder if that's the same for me. I'm trying to lose weight. I assumed I thought about it all the time because of that. My food plan is fairly simple most of the time, too. Lately I've been snacking off plan. Seems to happen every few weeks... I like having the journal to write my goals and thoughts. It's kind of odd doing that in an open forum for all to read. I think, though, it helps with my commitments to my goals, putting out there in public view.

I hope you have a good week. :)

Hi moonlight,

No, I didn't remove my photos. I loaded them from my computer, and nothing has changed there. Odd! Think I'll use PhotoBucket from now on and see if they stick.

I'm glad journaling helps with your commitment to your goals. Keep up the good work! Congrats on your loss so far and I'm sure you can make it all the way. ♥
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby Suey51 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:16 am

Hey Jobet!

Loved the pictures of your painted rocks on the MWL thread ♥♥♥ Wish I lived closer so I could look for them!

Hope you're having a good week, Sue x
Suey51

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals