Gotta do it!-tnfarm

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Gotta do it!-tnfarm

Postby tnfarm » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:43 am

I'm starting a journal to keep me honest. I don't know why I haven't been able to stick with eating healthy for the last couple of years. I've blamed it on having children and being busy. I've known how to eat right since first reading Dr. M's first book way back in the 90's. My husband has had stubborn high cholesterol since we met almost 20 years ago. I've always had the nagging thoughts that he was going to drop dead on me. Although we've been vegetarian for a long time, we've allowed dairy and oil to become more of a staple than ever before.

I'm starting a journal because I think it will keep me focused on what we need to do. I will post his blood work when we get it back in a few days. I've always had good labs so I didn't get mine checked. I'm focusing on my weight. I'll also be posting what we eat.

On Tuesday-
b: oatmeal with mixed berries, small amount of soymilk
l: rice with mexican veggies, salsa
s: 2 sweet potatoes
d: rice with mexican veggies, salsa

My starting weight: 143 Hubs starting weight: 214
tnfarm

Re: Gotta do it!-tnfarm

Postby moonlight » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi tnfarm,

Good luck on your journey to drop dairy and oil out of your diet. It takes some adjustments but you are already half way there since you've already given up meat. I suggest watching some of the great videos on going to a WFPB diet. They are very conviencing with regard to giving up dairy for the animals and the planet. Also, lots of information on lowering cholestrol.
moonlight

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning