Buns Again

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Buns Again

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:30 pm

So, this is day two with no green tea. I've had a headache all afternoon, and had one yesterday as well. But...when I had a sip of coffee to kill the headache, it didn't. So maybe this isn't caffeine related. At any rate, looks like I'm done with green tea. I'll probably do as I did with coffee and have it as a treat, maybe when I go out for Chinese, not on a daily basis any more.

now I want to find some herbal teas that will do. Peppermint for sure. I have Lemon Zinger at my desk, and a wonderful Celestial Seasonings tea called Lemon Lavender Lane. Isn't that fun! I also love Tension Tamer by Celestial Seasonings. But the peppermint for perking me up a bit in the morning.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:24 am

Ruff wrote:I’m glad she got support. Hopefully things will improve now. Maybe the trouble maker will shut up now the bigger boss is getting involved. Here’s hoping anyway.

Me too, Katie. Still, the boss makes things jumpy around here. She steps on us talking over the barriers, but when we converse in our cubicles, she gets on that, too. And I hate being an adult feeling like I'm doing something wrong by being on a website DURING MY DOWN TIME. She is making us all feel sneaky and it's ridiculous. But anyway, yeah I've kept out of the whispery smack talk and that's best.

Last night after dinner I still felt hungry so I got up and peeled some taters. Made two of them into chips, and two of them got made into fries. And!!! now I know what is needed for that fryer, I don't open and stir it as often. Much less fidgeting and fussing. Ten minutes to start, then check and stir...chips need another five minutes. With the fries, after the initial ten minutes, they need another ten. And they're done. It seems to get done faster for some reason, though I am using the same amount of time.

Regardless, they were both SO GOOD. I love air fryer chips! Oh, and tortilla strips make into crisps really fast.

today I plan on making a big batch of curried butternut ragout. Tomorrow I will make a big batch of Moroccan Sweet Potato stew. Yummy food in my fridge!

I just realized...I don't have a headache today! now mind you, I passed out on the couch at 8:30 and hit the sack at 9:00 and slept solid until 5:30 but wow, it's nice not to have a headache! Mint tea is on my shopping list, and I also want to get something with strong flavors. Looks like I've left caffeinated beverages behind. :) unless I want a treat, because I do still like the taste of coffee. but it's mighty nice not to need it.

Oh! almost forgot to mention, I've been doing 15 minutes on the stationary bike in the gym at work during my lunch break. Every day this week. I have my phone and earbuds, I take it real leisurely, and I do it every day. We'll see if it makes a difference. Just hoping not to hurt my knee. It's feeling tweaky today, but I know what caused that, and it wasn't the stationary bike.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:38 am

Holy moly, I got the munchies last night! I ate dinner then ran an errand (took my son to the Dr for back pain) and when I got home, I started chowing down. Crackers with peanut butter and pickles (don't judge...it is GOOD); I made some rice and beans from Goya prepping for lunch today and ate a little serving AND ADDED BUTTER! :roll: and then I STILL wasn't satisfied and nuked a couple of small potatoes and ate them with ketchup and mustard. Honestly. And right before bed! I wasn't hungry this morning, that's for sure, and I also didn't poop. Which I don't like.

That Goya rice and beans, then. About Autumn of last year I found a shopping cart at the store with bunches of these little boxed kits for rice and beans, and checked the label for fat. Under 10% and no oil in the ingredients. Dandy. And they were like .75c or something, so I grabbed a bunch. About a dozen at least. And YUMMMY! It tasted so good!

Well, I've been eating very compliant for a couple of months now, this was the last box of Goya rice and beans, and I didn't have anything prepared for lunch at work the next day, so I prepared it...and when I cooked that stuff up it was so salty I almost choked! Like seriously? Is salt the ONLY flavor that boxed food has? I won't be able to eat it as is, but plan on making a big pot of some kind of soup, and I'll throw it in there :) but isn't it something how I thought it was soo delicious before, but my tastes have changed to the point that it wasn't palatable...hm. We do acquire a taste for the simple, humble stuff don't we? I've never consciously eliminated salt, or tried for low sodium anything. I just follow Dr M's guidelines and salt the dish I'm eating, not the recipe I'm using. Except oatmeal. I do put salt in before cooking that.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Oh UGH...yesterday my mom had a dinner party, and at the end, there was so much food left over, she invited us up for some...and there was Brie cheese! and Bleu cheese! And I had some of each. :roll: I also ate a regular meal of a baked potato with nothing fattening over it, which was delicious. Finally, after we got done with dinner, and that cheese platter was still sitting in the middle of the table, i got up and tidied everything away. It was just too much, and I was reaching for it "just a taste" over and over.

It's been an age since I had Brie cheese though! I've traditionally made it a feast treat on Xmas but I was so far gone by the last holiday season that brie was as nothing to me. I mean, who cares about Brie cheese when you're eating popcorn balls, cookies, brownies, fudge, spinach artichoke dip, and all manner of horrendous gut killing garbage.

It isn't as bad today as I thought it was going to be, thank goodness. But no more of that!

Working out every day at the gym in my office building, and actually it isn't too bad. Fifteen or 20 minutes on the recumbent. Today I got on the elliptical and was pretty butt-kicked within three minutes, so I finished up on the recumbent. Felt GOOD afterwards. :) remembering what that rush feels like. That rush is a RUSH! ;)
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Ruff » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:26 pm

Whilst you were at the cheese....I have been at the muffins! Oh well, tomorrow is another day!
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:01 am

Ruff wrote:Whilst you were at the cheese....I have been at the muffins! Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

Hi Katie...yep...but the cheese was Sunday and last night, just a few days later, was the oily greasy Chinese.

Yesterday when I got home from work, didn't want to cook, so we ordered Chinese in, which I already knew was loaded with oil. I could feel how greasy it was on my lips. Ugh.

And now the decision is flat out MADE. I'm eating this way, and I'm not compromising. Period. I couldn't be bothered to cook, last night, or even reheat, because I do have food made...but I didn't want to, so I ended up eating sodium and fat laden Chinese. The hot and sour was fat free at any rate. Geez. But even if I didn't want to cook, I could have had heated up the rice veggie soup, or the butternut ragout. I could have nuked a couple of potatoes and steamed broccoli. Didn't have to eat the dripping-with-oil food that they delivered. Didn't have to even call that restaurant because I already knew how off plan their food is.

Well, that's enough. I've had it up to HERE with my waffling and falling off the wagon and "just a taste'"ing of the brie cheese and the chocolate covered coffee beans. Just Don't Eat It. It ISN'T complicated. Do I REALLY want to be obese the remaining days of my life? Or do I want to get healthy and have energy and normal bowel movements and a clear head and a normal healthy body? The little decisions I make on a meal by meal basis will add up to either achy joints, fat butt, foggy un-energetic brain, or clear headed calm energy, pain free, symptom relief.

Why would I choose foods that make me ill? Because that kind of oil DOES irritate the IBS, and it DOES make my elbows hurt. Like, the next DAY, really. Worse than the cheese the other day, that's for sure.

So, today is a new day and that's THAT. I'm going to eat 100% on plan. Period. Every bite I take is a CHOICE and I can choose to leave it EVERY TIME.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:37 am

garr. I ate a HUGE bowl of oatmeal for breakfast this morning, with a handful of frozen berries, a few chocolate covered dried cherries, and a sprinkle of almond slivers. I ate at 6:30 a.m. and it is now 10:30 and I am STARVING. My stomach is growling and I feel empty. And I love oatmeal but DAYUM. I can't do this every day or I am going to be one not happy camper.

I mean yesterday's breakfast was a clear broth hot and sour soup over rice, and i didn't feel this hungry mid-morning. But oatmeal has done this to me many times. I know better. Maybe I'll have the apple that I brought. Wish I'd brought a handful of pretzel twists. Ugh.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Jobet » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi,

Thanks so much for visiting my journal.

I ate at 6:30 a.m. and it is now 10:30 and I am STARVING. My stomach is growling and I feel empty. And I love oatmeal but DAYUM. I can't do this every day

I started out trying to eat oats for breakfast with fruit, started in Dec last year, but it left me craving like crazy. I'd be hungry again in a half hour! I gave away the remaining oats and moved on to other grains or sweet potatoes for breakfast. Now, no cravings and I feel so much better. Sometimes I forget to stop for lunch, so the other grains keep me satiated for longer.
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:24 am

Jobet wrote:Hi,

Thanks so much for visiting my journal.

I ate at 6:30 a.m. and it is now 10:30 and I am STARVING. My stomach is growling and I feel empty. And I love oatmeal but DAYUM. I can't do this every day

I started out trying to eat oats for breakfast with fruit, started in Dec last year, but it left me craving like crazy. I'd be hungry again in a half hour! I gave away the remaining oats and moved on to other grains or sweet potatoes for breakfast. Now, no cravings and I feel so much better. Sometimes I forget to stop for lunch, so the other grains keep me satiated for longer.

Hi Jobet,

thanks for visiting! yeah, you'd think oatmeal would stick to your ribs a bit. Even rice keeps me full longer, and it's supposed to be the most easily digested...oh well. Live and learn.

~~~~~

Lost my keys. Went to get them, to drive to work this morning, and they were nowhere to be found. Not on the key hook, not in my purse. Not in my coat pocket. I'm wracking my brain trying to remember the last time I used them. On Saturday we had our St Paddy's Day feast, but Wylie drove us there, and I took the baby home in his parents' car (they got a ride to the big Irish festival and left the baby with me to babysit)...well, I took the baby home using his dad's keys in his dad's vehicle, right? No need to use my keys for anything. Sunday...I had my keys on Sunday, because I hung out with my granddaughter all day! we went to the movies, then to McDonald's, then the Dollar Tree, and I drove home from there Sunday afternoon, so I had them then. Yesterday I took the bus to work, and Wylie picked me up, so i didn't use my keys yesterday at all HOWEVER I always put my keys in my purse even if I'm not driving, because what if Wylie locks himself out of the car. Again. So I always take them...and I took them yesterday and they are not in my purse nor my coat pocket nor anywhere. OMG are they somewhere on public transit? :shock: In 15 minutes I am calling their lost and found. Dang. Phooey. I'm really hoping they're at UTA headquarters in their lost and found and NOT sitting under some train station bench to be found by who knows who...ugh.

Thankfully, Wylie's keys were in his coat pocket and I was able to get his car key and come to work. Here's hoping I find them!

Compliance is pretty good. I had a couple of potato chips on Saturday, but I considered that a feast day so I'm not counting it against myself. I ate compliant all weekend, then had eggs with dinner last night. But!!! yummy fresh eggs from backyard chickens. And I soft boiled, not fried, them.

the main thing right now is to make some food. I have lots of potatoes, so I'm thinking a big batch of potato soup, and possibly a mess of baked. You can make really good hashbrowns with pre-baked taters. ;)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby SilverDollar123 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 am

Oh Buns! Hope you find your keys & soon. It's something I do all the time! I think on my tombstone it will say "Does she have
her keys?"lol. It's not a fun situation to be in. RAS
SilverDollar123

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:52 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:~~~~~

Lost my keys. Went to get them, to drive to work this morning, and they were nowhere to be found. Not on the key hook, not in my purse. Not in my coat pocket. I'm wracking my brain trying to remember the last time I used them. On Saturday we had our St Paddy's Day feast, but Wylie drove us there, and I took the baby home in his parents' car (they got a ride to the big Irish festival and left the baby with me to babysit)...well, I took the baby home using his dad's keys in his dad's vehicle, right? No need to use my keys for anything. Sunday...I had my keys on Sunday, because I hung out with my granddaughter all day! we went to the movies, then to McDonald's, then the Dollar Tree, and I drove home from there Sunday afternoon, so I had them then. Yesterday I took the bus to work, and Wylie picked me up, so i didn't use my keys yesterday at all HOWEVER I always put my keys in my purse even if I'm not driving, because what if Wylie locks himself out of the car. Again. So I always take them...and I took them yesterday and they are not in my purse nor my coat pocket nor anywhere. OMG are they somewhere on public transit? :shock: In 15 minutes I am calling their lost and found. Dang. Phooey. I'm really hoping they're at UTA headquarters in their lost and found and NOT sitting under some train station bench to be found by who knows who...ugh.

Found em! they were in the wrong pocket in my purse... :roll: so of course I couldn't find them. geez.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Ruff » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:20 pm

I’m so glad you found them! :D isn’t that sick feeling awful when you think you left them somewhere public....
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:49 pm

Ruff wrote:I’m so glad you found them! :D isn’t that sick feeling awful when you think you left them somewhere public....

Oh man, when I thought they might be at the Trax station *shudder* so glad I found em!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 am

Oy...my dang knee! It woke me up twice night before last, and ached all day long. So, last night I took 800mg of ipuprofen and slept through the night AND it doesn't hurt today. What's up with that.

Anyway...I have a co-worker who started a routine of walking all around the floor during her breaks, and she's firming up, losing weight, fitting into her jeans. Well done! And I'm going to simply start doing that, myself. Listened to Shpongle for my 13 minutes of walking (and boogied, in the areas where no people are) :) I mean, how can you NOT dance to Shpongle!

Feeling pretty good, though the rain is here and making me feel sleepy and wanting to go back to bed. Plus making odd mistakes based on dull brain foggy headed non-functioning. The weather? I slept until my second alarm today which is really rare. I'm sleepy, dragging a bit. I mean, physically I could go forever, but my brain is just not connected. And I could sleep, I know it. Just give me the opportunity LOL :unibrow:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby roundcoconut » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:14 pm

Omg, your poor knee!

Would you consider giving your knee time before even doing any extra weight bearing? I always believe that pain means STOP.

Stationary bikes do not force you to put your whole body weight on your knee, so that might be one thing you CAN still (responsibly) do.

But I never like to see someone perpetuate a pain pattern, if that makes sense!
roundcoconut

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals