Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Postby Anna Green » Fri May 19, 2017 9:01 am

Yes Fulenn, we are here waiting for you. omg I love reading your journal. Baby, grad school, millet burgers! Hope you are well. I was talking about you yesterday at work. I'm realizing today how much all of you became a part of my psyche.
Last edited by Anna Green on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anna Green

Postby fulenn » Sat May 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi Boots! Hi Anna!

Yes, I am still here, just had not realized it had been so long since I posted. I will be finished with school (work) in two weeks, I graduate from grad school in 2.5 weeks, and I am having eye surgery in 1.5 weeks. It has been VERY busy! The eye stuff is for cataracts that were caused by the Solumedrol that I used to take for the MS symptoms; turns out that one of the big side effects is cataracts on the back of the lenses in your eyes and I've got 'em. I cannot focus at all in my right eye and my left is following, so I will get the lenses replaced over the next 3 weeks. It sounds all scary and huge, but it is a fairly simple procedure. I am not saying that I want it done, but at least it is not bypass surgery.

My oldest daughter is home from China and has cooked cauliflower and potato curry for dinner tonight. I am eating it as we talk--YUMMO! Baby did not want to try the curry at first, but he likes it! He has decided that he wants mine and is standing by me with his mouth open. LOL!
:D Image

I miss talking with you, Boots and Anna. Life is a bit crazy and our talks were great. I also find myself wondering how you are doing.

FuFu
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby sksamboots » Sun May 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Fufu, that food looks yummy! I'm so happy you are here. I just missed your stories and hearing about your life! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby fulenn » Wed May 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Oldest daughter fixed dinner again this evening--hummus sandwiches. Yum!
Fulenn

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

fulenn

Postby sksamboots » Thu May 25, 2017 10:31 am

Fufu, Yummy food!!! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby fulenn » Fri May 26, 2017 8:34 pm

My daughter cooked dinner again this evening. I am so lucky to have her! Mushrooms with balsamic vinegar and soy sauce over fluffy rice. So good!

I remember when I started eating this way; it seemed like such a challenge to cook. I used to ask myself what I could substitute for animal products as I tried to cut the fat and cholesterol out of my diet. It was hard and I would remake recipes into things that were on this way of eating. Now I enjoy food like the mushrooms I had for dinner. It is not a recipe that got remade, it is just a good recipe that my daughter found and tried. So good! Don't be afraid to try something completely new, you never know.

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby sksamboots » Tue May 30, 2017 8:49 pm

That's right--look at your trying new things and enjoying them!!! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Anna Green » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:12 am

You sound so good. Congrats on grad school!

You are right about the food. I never thought I would enjoy broc and oats.
Anna Green

Postby fulenn » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Little one had leftovers for lunch today: Giant Peruvian lima beans, rice, Italian bread, and vanilla-maple soy yogurt. Good lunch! He has found grapes now and is pointing and saying "more". I am off to rinse grapes....

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:44 pm

School is out for summer break!!!!

I am a graduate!!!! Just waiting for my diploma to arrive in the mail. So happy it is over!

My husband fixed a wonderful pasta salad for us all last week. Here is a picture of it, but I was sitting there picking out the tomatoes and cucumbers as I was getting ready to take the pic, so it looks like a LOT of pasta. I just grated more pepper on top and took the pic. LOL!

Ellen

fulenn

Postby Anna Green » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:12 pm

What are you up to this summer?
Anna Green

Postby fulenn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Not much. The real heat in Texas hit this week--108F--and we have found ourselves buying and installing an air conditioner in my oldest daughters apartment. It is almost finished! It is looking like our baby has the same problem with his nerves as his mother; he is 18 months old now and still not walking on his own. We were hoping that it was because he was held so much for the 8 months before we got him, but now we are hearing from the therapist that it looks like a lot more. He has the same issues as his mother had--walking late, poor muscle control in his torso and legs, but normal in all other areas. He is walking around the furniture, they call it cruising now. :) So we are doing specific games and activities with him to encourage him to walk alone. We'll see. I am also looking for adult-baby swim classes in our area, there just does not seem to be much out there.

We are also going through our house and minimizing our stuff. We are going one room at a time and asking if it is something we love, use all the time, or want to begin using during the next 3 months. If the answer is no, out it goes. I just do not have time to keep a full house and a baby at the same time!

How are you doing?

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby sksamboots » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Fufu! Congratulations on your graduation!! You did it!! Wow. I know that has to be a heap off your plate.

Food looks good as always. Keep on keepin on! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby fulenn » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Yesterday was my 25th wedding anniversary! Wow! It does not seem like that much time has flown by, but I look at the kids and at pictures from then and can see the passage really happened. Glad we are together!

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby f1jim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Happy Anniversary Ellen!
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals