Newbee don't know who to ask?????

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Newbee don't know who to ask?????

Postby LadyDi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:11 am

Please tell me where to go for quick responce to my questions.
waiting for my books and want to start with some obvious changes.
on the way to the store soon can pick up what I need.

1. what foods are known to act as antinflamitories

2. started a meal last night and hubby said "can't get home for dinner" this is what I have started ( in the frig)

pinto beans, blackbeans,onion,red & green pepper mixed in a bowl.
brown rice
chopped (7 different) veggie salad

for tonight..... What do I add to the beans to give them a warm comforting sausy texter that will satisfy.
and I like a little sweetness in dressing for my salad (alway use Catalina dressing in the past)

Thanks
LadyDi
LadyDi
ALL MY POST SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AS THEY SUITE YOUR PERSONAL WOE AGENDA. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THOUGH WE ALL FOLLOW THE MCDOUGALL WAY THERE ARE MANY INDIVIDUAL FACTORS FOR OUR INDIVIDUAL HEALTH NEEDS.
LadyDi

Re: Newbee don't know who to ask?????

Postby Lesliec1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:26 pm

I'll just answer one of those: For a quickie, I like the 3-2-1 style basic dressing I found on this discussion board.

3 parts vinegar (I used balsamic)
2 parts mustard (I used dijon)
1 part sweetener (I used agave. Could be maple syrup, sugar, etc)
Lesliec1

Postby Katydid » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Salsa

Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby LadyDi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks Ladies.... Sounds great!!!!!
LadyDi
ALL MY POST SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AS THEY SUITE YOUR PERSONAL WOE AGENDA. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THOUGH WE ALL FOLLOW THE MCDOUGALL WAY THERE ARE MANY INDIVIDUAL FACTORS FOR OUR INDIVIDUAL HEALTH NEEDS.
LadyDi

Postby Lesliec1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Also, I too am trying to nail down which foods have the best anti-inflammatory properties so I hope someone shares a short list of the best ones.
Lesliec1

Postby LadyDi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm thinking that maybe the reason i haven't had a answer to that is because there may not be any.
more importantly we need to stop putting inflamitory foods in our system like meat, refined foods,preservatives, artifical additive and such.
I have Lupus and have found some info on supliments but have'nt had much luck with them. I'm hoping this way of eating will lend much better results.
I have more questions than answers right now but I have been dealing with this for many years so hopefully I'm narrowing it down as I go. If I can help in any way, let me know
LadyDi
LadyDi

Postby Norm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:33 pm

LadyDi wrote:I'm thinking that maybe the reason i haven't had a answer to that is because there may not be any.
more importantly we need to stop putting inflamitory foods in our system like meat, refined foods,preservatives, artifical additive and such.
I think this is the most important thing! I've heard for years about foods that are anti-inflammatory in nature.... only after getting here did I learn what foods were actually causing the inflammation. Dairy, meat, and refined/processed foods are high on the list. Some people may have issues with gluten as well.

-Norm
Norm

Postby Katydid » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:20 am

Dr. McDougall has posted an excellent video on diet and MS that applies equally well to lupus, RA, and many other autoimmune disease.

http://www.drmcdougall.com/video/diet_ms.html

Watch it and it will answer your questions.

Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby LadyDi » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:38 am

Katydid,
Someday I will take the time to tell my story, but for today let me just say that this presentation from Dr McD represents the frustration and cynicism I have had for Doctors for many years. While I spent years incapable of being the vibrant productive woman that had always taken on the world, doctors fed me pill after pill while constantly telling me "we don't know why" BUT "try this pill"
My anger in this reaches even further than my own suffering to my loving and compassionate husband who fell in love with that vital woman who within months after marriage took a physical downward spiral into a listless, disabled abyss. Not to mention the financial strains.
He found Dr McD for me and is committed to the same life changes this new diet will bring.
Fortunately I am now "well" enough to put forth the effort to make these changes and look forward to getting back to living again.
Thank you sooooooo much for the link. As I head to the store today I am filled with enthusiasm. One step closer to the life I (WE) once had.
I have many more questions...... but first things first.....Getting started.
Thanks for being here to guide me quickly and poignantly!!!!!
LadyDi
LadyDi

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning