Healthnut's 40 Day Journey

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Healthnut's 40 Day Journey

Postby healthnut13 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:51 pm

OH...P.S....just ASSUME I McDougallized it :) Great thing about Mexican food...add more or less spices, sub brown rice for quinoa if you prefer...I always play w/the recipes...this will just give you a jumping off pt :-D
"If nothing changes...nothing changes!"
healthnut13

Postby proverbs31woman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:10 am

Doing great, Healthnut!
proverbs31woman

Postby healthnut13 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:25 am

Just got back from my ride and now am ready for my Subway veggie sub! Gonna make huge pot of sweet potatoes today and will be set for the week (since I have my ever-present black beans in the fridge). DH may be hm from his cross-country motorcycle trip sooner than we thought...but his trip goes to prove that you CAN abide by whatever food plan you are living by w/a bit of guts and tact...didn't cheat once on his low carb plan. Granted...it's a far cry from my plan, but I'm proud of his perseverance. He's up to 70 lbs lost so far!
Have a super Mon. y'all!

healthnut13

Postby healthnut13 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:59 am

So...I never thought I'd be "one of those people" who "had" to have an iPhone...but my DD just "had" to have one, so we both got put on the plan! I must admit...it is super fun to log onto drmcdougall.com from anywhere and see his wonderful homepage! :D It's like carrying a little bit of inspiration w/me wherever I go! :) Have a super and healthy weekend everyone--I've got my pile of cooked potatoes (purple and red) as well as sweet all ready to go; I love not having to cook on Saturdays!
healthnut13

Postby healthnut13 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Bike ride...veggie sub at subway and looking forward to a HUGE plate of spaghetti squash for dinner complete w/artichoke hearts, olives (Greek and black), onions, mushrooms, low fat marinara, and roasted red peppers! I love to try to get 8 servings of veggies in one huge plate of deliciousness :)

healthnut13

Postby mtns » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:53 pm

That dinner sounds heavenly. I am going to have to try that.
Kathy
mtns

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning