Starting Over (again)

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Starting Over (again)

Postby LoriJenny » Sat May 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi again. Here I am starting over again...starting right now. What is different this time?? I think I'm ready to give up all the SAD and be a pure vegan now. I wanted to want to do this before, but I just really didn't want to do it fully. Now, I think I want it, I really actually am tired of poisoning my body. I've very much educated myself so I know what to do. I also acknowledge now that no one but me can do this for me. I had a hard time coming to that conclusion...I thought before that being on here and being accountable would force me to do this, but when it comes down to it, it's all about me and what I want to put in my body and how healthy I want to be. I"m tired of trying to eat enough vegan to see some results, but enough SAD food to still stay addicted...making it a constant tug of war. A war I keep losing over and over! :duh:
Well...life is not long enough for me to waste too much time on regrets. I think I'll just march forward and have a great attitude and be positive. I can do this. No excuses!
LoriJenny

Re: Starting Over (again)

Postby Chile » Sat May 12, 2012 4:08 pm

I thought before that being on here and being accountable would force me to do this, but when it comes down to it, it's all about me and what I want to put in my body and how healthy I want to be.

Yep! Nobody here can force us to make the right food choices day in and day out; that's our own personal job. Good for you for coming to accept that responsibility. It's a tough one, especially when we have to acknowledge that someone else did not shove that SAD treat in our mouths, we did it all on our own.

Choose health!
Chile

Postby Christine in Cali » Sat May 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Good going Lori! I look forward to following your journal and being inspired from your progress. You do have it in you to succeed.
Last edited by Christine in Cali on Sat May 12, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby carollynne » Sat May 12, 2012 6:23 pm

HI!! congrats on making the big decision in your life! You can do it!
nice to see you on this board too! have a great mother's day to you!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Sun May 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi Christine and Carrolynne and Chile! Thanks for stopping by my little journal with words of encouragment and greetings :)

Today went as planned with the food, so I feel good about that, it was a busy busy day though with lots of mothers day events, which were very fun, but I'm exhausted!! So...I will write more tomorrow.

:D
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Mon May 14, 2012 4:15 pm

So far I feel irritated and not happy. Ugh...I hope this is just withdrawal stuff and things seem happier tomorrow.
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Mon May 14, 2012 9:55 pm

I decided to attack my moodiness. I got to work and did some cleaning, took the dog on a walk and did a little jogging, then came home and did an aerobics dvd for an hour....I feel much much better :D All in all, a successful day!
LoriJenny

Postby Chile » Tue May 15, 2012 8:08 am

Some of my best housecleaning happens when I'm angry. It's a good way to burn off the energy. :lol:
Chile

Postby LoriJenny » Tue May 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Yay...such a good day :) I feel enormously better...ahhhhh.

LOL Chile...me too on the housecleaning!!
LoriJenny

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning