MWL Reboot!

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

MWL Reboot!

Postby Broadbean » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:39 am

Ugh, I got on the scale. I knew there would be bad news: some sugar, bread, nuts, extra fruit, avocado, and alcohol have crept back in, and bringing along 7 extra pounds. ARGH!!!!

And I feel it. Pants don't feel good around my waist anymore, and I look saggy.

Why did this happen? Work/school stress, boredom, and depression. I got tired of my main go-to McDougall dishes, and instead of coming up with something else, most nights I just took the meat and dairy out of my family's meals. Not good enough!

But sometimes, the hardest part is caring enough about your health to do something about it, even if that something is just pushing away the guacamole...

Anyway, it's back ON PLAN. I want to lose 15 pounds this time.

Today so far: oatmeal, blueberries, cinnamon, black coffee (a little less each day...)

Lunch: Whole bag of steamed frozen veggies, handful of chick peas, brown rice.

Dinner: Brown rice, broccoli, onions, glass red wine
Last edited by Broadbean on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Broadbean

Re: MWL Reboot!

Postby giddyupgin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:10 am

I know what you mean!...I indulged a bit in avocados this weekend and boy can I tell..Back on the MWL train for me to....just don't bring them home and get all of it out of the house! including everything else that is not on the plan....
Have a great ride as we ride through life...
from giddy up gin <^__~~ Wooo....hooo...

http://www.windowpanearts.blogspot.com
http://www.giddyupgin.blogspot.com
giddyupgin

Postby Broadbean » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Yeah, I have them in the house because my husband decided to "go vegan" with me -- but not McDougall. He said he likes fat. And guess what? He gained weight, as did I, with all these nuts and junk everywhere I look. Sigh.

My kids eat meat, but that doesn't tempt me, even though I cook it for them. And my husband actually gone back to eating dairy, which I do not find tempting, so maybe I'll be able to keep the fat-vegan stuff out!
Last edited by Broadbean on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broadbean

Postby Broadbean » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 am

Have a crazy amount of work and might not be able to exercise today. Tomorrow my deadline will be over and I'll have more time....

B: Oatmeal, cinnamon, blueberries
L: Mushrooms and escarole in fat free veg broth, brown rice, beans, corn

skipped dinner!
Broadbean

Postby Broadbean » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:57 am

I've come down with a cold, thanks to overworking/not sleeping. Weather is chilly, windy, miserable. Going to wait a day or two to restart my running.

B: Clementine, oatmeal with cinnamon and blueberries
S: Clementine
L: Stewed mushrooms and escarole
D: Green salad w/ spinach, beans, rice, salsa
Broadbean

Postby carollynne » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:15 pm

I know what you mean too. Good luck, I have to completely keep away form those triggers, and they are !! and my son is on board with me, with the no more nuts, seeds, avocados, etc. It is that pleasure trap syndrome, but no more I declare!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby woods38 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Hope that you feel better soon.

Nice weather is right around the corner and you will be out running in no time.

My family has quit eating meat for the most part but they still eat dairy. I can ignore the milk and yogurt but cheese just calls to me. Today my apple was calling out for peanut butter but I ignored it's pleas and ate it plain. It's very hard to resist cravings when the stuff is in the house. Lets stay strong and lose our weight before summer. We can do it!
woods38

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning