Txveggie's fresh start!

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Txveggie's fresh start!

Postby txveggie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:01 am

I fell off of the McD bandwagon a year and a half ago but climbed back on this year. I have dropped 10 of the pounds i gained back but haven't been as strict as I should be so I hope keeping a journal will help.

I am 187.5 as of this morning and need to lose at least 50 pounds for my 5'4" height. My mother died of breast cancer and my father with heart disease, I have high triglycerides and I need to do this for my health not just to look better (though that will be a huge plus!).
txveggie

Re: Txveggie's fresh start!

Postby giddyupgin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:04 am

Welcome back!...you are so right to be here amongst us...
Have a great ride as we ride through life...
from giddy up gin <^__~~ Wooo....hooo...

http://www.windowpanearts.blogspot.com
http://www.giddyupgin.blogspot.com
giddyupgin

Postby lmggallagher » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 am

Welcome back :-D If you want join us on the monthly weigh in that Debbie posts. Lots of motivation and support there too.

Best wishes on your new start - Michelle

lmggallagher

Postby txveggie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:42 am

Yesterday was a good day and so this one as well. :) I have some stresses going on right now and am working hard on not letting myself get derailed.

I am going to move toward a more MWL diet, I think that will help up the weight loss. This week I have given up nuts and but am still eating small amounts of flax or chia seeds or tahini in salad dressings.

We bought bikes a few weeks ago and that is most of my exercise right now, best thing we have done in a while.
txveggie

Postby txveggie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:36 pm

B-oatmeal w/banana and almond milk
L-new potatoes and mixed veggies
S-fruit
D-black bean soup w/salad and a few baked corn tortilla chips

We rode out bikes this evening and I feel really good about staying on plan:)
txveggie

Postby txveggie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:30 am

Did fairly well this weekend considering we went out to eat and I had a potluck as well. I need to really reconsider restaurants, though there were vegan choices they mostly were cooked in oil.

No plans this week so should be smooth sailing.
txveggie

Postby txveggie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:26 am

I'm down 2.5 pounds so far and am inching my way to MWL. We are going to Key West in July so I would love to be down as much as possible by then. :D a class reunion at the end of that month is pushing me as well.
txveggie

Postby kirstykay » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:19 am

Congrats on the weight loss! Success begets success, for sure! You are doing great! I hope eating this way actually helps the stress in your life...that has been my experience! Keep up the great work, and you'll be rockin' it in Key West!!! :nod:
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Rosey » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 am

Welcome back. Glad your back on track to great health.
Rosey

Postby txveggie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:53 pm

I am really proud of myself, today we had a brown bag lunch and I stayed on program even when there were chips and whatnot to be had. DH wanted to go out this evening but I said no and I fixed some left overs and then we went for a walk. We are having company tomorrow and I am going to stick to the program! Yea me. :)
txveggie

Postby fostermom4 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Txveggie, what part of Texas do you live in? I'm in the hill country and if you're close enough, maybe we could get some sort of McDougall group get-together going soon. I have a free meeting place, screen to show dvds, kitchen for a pot luck. Just need some folks!
fostermom4

Postby txveggie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Sounds like heaven! I am down around Corpus Christi though, I would love to meet some like minded people. I don't know a single vegetarian in real life other then my sweet husband.
txveggie

Postby txveggie » Fri May 04, 2012 6:36 am

I lost 2.5 pounds this past week and the same last week as well! I usually am a slow loser so I am happy with the results. It was a tough day yesterday and I didn't miss a beat.

My new favorite meal is to make a really big salad, add a chopped up baked potato and a ff dressing, usually tahini dressing (not much tahini in it) or the 321 honey mustard dressing. So filling and delish.

For a long time (15 years maybe) I will diet down to 174 but never can get past that wall and then gain weight. This has happened at least 4-5 times. Funny thing is that according to my BMI that is also the exact cut off making me overweight instead of obese. I know it must be psychological. I will break down the wall this time I just can feel it!
txveggie

Postby kirstykay » Fri May 04, 2012 6:38 am

You go girl!!!!! :-D Congrats on the great weight loss these last couple of weeks! You're doing AWESOME!!!!!!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby txveggie » Sat May 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Thank you! We went to a local island today and funny how we have changed, we used to hunt for the best seafood place, do a little shopping and quick beach visit. Now we searched for the best place to eat our picnic lunch and we did all the birding trails. Much more fun and cheaper and healthier as well!
txveggie

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning