MaerToDo

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

MaerToDo

Postby Maer » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Well, so I have more to do, to make this WOE work for me.

Namely, I think I need to give up sweet-tasting food (or at least overtly sweet tasting food). When I've gone any length of time in the past without SAD and without fruit, it's amazed me how sweet vegetables start to taste, and I don't mean beets, corn, and carrots.

My need to give up sweet taste is because it causes me to seek out sweeter and sweeter foods, eventually leading to dried fruit and then SAD stuff. Also to overeat.
Also because I think much fruit gives me migraines and messes with my joints.
I could list diabetes, but don't feel like that's really the reason since white potatoes and grains tend to cause more of a sugar spike than fruit....but, according to some authors out there, fructose is inflammatory for the pancreas too, and I don't need more of that. For someone without such a persistant sweet tooth, I don't think this is an issue.
Also because my lipids are terrible, and I've read that too much fruit can worsen the numbers.

So, yesterday was a fasting day (too migrainous and nauseated to want to eat), and today was easy as still a little headachey and not much interest in food anyway. Two small meals: the first, some chickpeas and microwaved bok choy. The second, black bean soup and plain "spring mix" salad.

I really am committed to making this work. the migraine was, hopefully, the migraine to end all migraines. Just prior, had some SAD stuff, plus banana/cherry vitamixed "ice cream", plus a bowl of berries on the same day. In addition to getting rid of sugar headaches, I also want to move away from the insidious pull of sugar, derailing me from improving my health.

So this is mostly a personal accountability thread, but anyone is very welcome to add comments, their own experiences, etc.

Pinkrose has been very encouraging; if you see this, thanks again!

Maer
Maer

Re: MaerToDo

Postby Maer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Today had 1/2 c rolled oats microwaved with water, a big leaf of romaine lettuce. No lunch, not hungry, headachey still.
Dinner, 2 ezekial corn tortillas, 1/2 c beans w/cumin, onion, and garlic, some spring mix lettuce a some raw cauliflower.

still not much interested in food, so it's easy to stay on track.

at least I'm getting out to walk again.
Maer

Postby Maer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Ugh, another day of headache.

Breakfast 1/2 c rolled oats microwaved, big leaf romaine.
Lunch: 2 ezekial corn tortillas, a big leaf raw bok choy, and a handful of fresh cilantro.
Dinner 1/2 c rolled ats, microwaved, plus a carrot, leaf of raw bok choy, and 2 romaine leaves...

I am so ready for this headache to be gone.

Wondering if beans might be part of the problem; I've been eating a lot of them lately, before started journalling.
Maer

Postby fostermom4 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Are you sure that you're eating enough??? I get headaches from being hungry and your day sounds mighty slim on food!
fostermom4

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning