My journal, will it help?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My journal, will it help?

Postby thiswillhappen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:03 am

Hi,

I have been on and off McDougall for several years and I am here to try to change my life, stop to SAD addiction. When I am on the program I notice that I feel better and I start getting relief from all inflammation related symptoms (arthritis, blepharitis, psoriasis). One thing I am thinking as I write this is if these are the symptoms on the outside of my body, I wonder what my insides look like?

I have tended to slip off of the program, usually during holidays and then it is a struggle to get started again.

I am 56, 285 pounds and 5’9”. I am hoping that a daily journal will help me sustain a focus on McDougall so that I can reclaim my health.

Jennifer
thiswillhappen

Re: My journal, will it help?

Postby toadfood » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:35 am

Welcome! I'm looking forward to reading your story as you regain your health.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby LauraA » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 am

Hi Jennifer, I need the same kind of help with staying focused. I just started a journal also. I'll be interested in your story and your journey. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby thiswillhappen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Oh thanks LauraA and Toadfood, Well, I am about halfway through my first day back on McDougall. I was just thinking of "you know you are on McDougall when . . ." and for now it is "when a spoonful of cold fatfree refried beans is a delightful little treat." Great progress - yesterday my "little treat" was a McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. How sad is that?!!!
thiswillhappen

Postby kirstykay » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm

I will tell you what I've told others that worked for me in keeping me going at the beginning: Promise yourself you will do this 100% for 30 days, no excuses! No matter what your family is doing, no matter how many times you are assulted with cravings, no matter how you feel. This is non-negotiable. This will get a little easier every day, trust me! 30 days. Count them down. You can do anything for 30 days! There is power in your promise!

Oh yeah, and every day read one Star McDougaller story! There is also power in belief, so use the stories of others' success to ask yourself, "They can do it, why NOT me?"

I wish you all the best! You can do it! It will work! Can't wait to hear your progress over the next 30 days! :nod:

Hey, guess what? You're almost done with Day ONE! Yay, you!!! Image
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning