Potatohead

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Potatohead

Postby Potatohead » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi, I'm Potatohead :unibrow: I have been on the board for 3 years, but I have been a follower of Dr McDougall's plan for 16 years.
I have lost well over 100lbs following the Regular McDougall plan, and I have no problem maintaining my weight loss eating this way :nod

I decided to start this journal...to keep it real....this way of eating has changed my life..all for the better...once you adopt it and embrace it fully...you will not regret it. :nod:

Feb..29 Last day of the month...I stayed on plan all month...I eat mainly MWL now to keep it simple..but I go back and forth between the plan's depending on the circumstances.

today for breakfast, I made a dish of diced potatoes, with TJ's fired roasted pepper blend..dry fried in the pan, and ketchup on top.
Lunch..Potato Chowder
Dinner..will be..potatoes, green's and squash
when I went shopping I picked up some pre made veggie brown rice sushi...YUM with pickled ginger and wasabi...I ate it for a snack :unibrow:
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Re: Potatohead

Postby Potatohead » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:59 am

March 1...new month :D weight 115....A new low for me :nod: I normally weigh between 118-120 on any given day, I am 52 years old and 5' 1" tall....I weigh myself once a month..I can tell how my clothes fit, so I know I am up if they are a bit snug.

Breakfast..skipped....I often skip breakfast if I am not hungry..if hunger strikes before lunch a banana or apple will get me through until then.

Lunch...potatoes, green's and mixed veggies with BBQ sauce
Dinner...sweet potato, green's and stir fry veggies
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby LauraA » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:30 am

A new journal - good, because I can keep up! You have done so great, and I'm sure that there is a lot that I can learn from you. Did you always weigh only once per month? I'm trying to decide how often to weigh. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Potatohead » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:37 am

Laura..when I was losing..I weighed once a week..but once I reached my goal 125..I decided to weigh monthly..Like ETeSelle..my weight kept dropping until I got to about 120...then if stayed there awhile..it dropped to 118 last month, and now 115....still within my range..and I feel fine...I have been eating MWL because I love good clean eating..gave up the olives and nuts that I ate following the regular plan...I think giving those things up has caused me to drop the final few pounds...it is amazing what.."a little bit" does to stop you from losing.

The best outcome following this WOE is that I eat normal portions...and I am satisfied..lots of potatoes, green's and veggies...keep me satisfied..I crave no sugar or salty things.
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby LauraA » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 am

Are you a star McDougaller, and if not why not? Does Dr McDougall choose people and ask them? Does he choose them from the boards or from his ASW or what? Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Potatohead » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 am

LauraA wrote:Are you a star McDougaller, and if not why not? Does Dr McDougall choose people and ask them? Does he choose them from the boards or from his ASW or what? Take care, LauraA

No I am not..I have never been asked...and if I were asked..I would decline....I only have 1 fat picture...I refused to be photographed when I was huge...I have photo's of me now, but I really like my privacy..and although I like to share my journey with others..I prefer to remain private :nod:
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby carollynne » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Potatohead, hello, congrats to you on your maintaining such a huge wt loss. Impressive and I hope to be like you oneday, saying that I lost all my wt and maintained it for a yr.
I love my reds and so I love your name here too.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Dissolution » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Wow, 16 years....That's a LOT of potatoes!
Dissolution

Postby Potatohead » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:18 am

Dissolution wrote:Wow, 16 years....That's a LOT of potatoes!

:lol: :lol: It sure is :unibrow:

March 2....Yesterday I made a HUGE potato soup(potatoes, carrots, kale,onions, peppers, spices....YUM)....so guess what I am eating today??? :unibrow:

Breakfast...banana and a cup of decaf coffee with soy creamer
Lunch....potato soup :unibrow:
Dinner??? either more potato soup or sweet potato with greens and veggies...
My menu's might seem boring to some, but I am a creature of habit, and I like to keep it simple..I cooked 7 night's a week when my boy's were growing up..now that they are on their own, and there is just Hubby and myself..I like quick easy meals...Hubby is not a McDougaller, but he will eat the meal's I cook, and I just usually add a piece of fish :roll: or chicken :roll: to keep him happy.... :nod:
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Dissolution » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:52 am

So did you ever experiment with going back to SAD after your massive weight-loss?

Do you ever stray off plan?

Sorry if I'm being nosy, it's just that 16 years is so impressive.
Dissolution

Postby Potatohead » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:01 am

Dissolution wrote:So did you ever experiment with going back to SAD after your massive weight-loss?

Do you ever stray off plan?

Sorry if I'm being nosy, it's just that 16 years is so impressive.

No..I never went back to the SAD way of eating, I had no desire to....Yes I have strayed off plan..but not too far...usually added fat in the meals while eating out, or the occasional piece of pie or birthday cake ...stuff like that...if I eat something that I know is not on the plan..I don't fret..I just jump right back on plan....I am far from perfect...but there is no way I would go back to the bad eating habits I had before McDougalling....to me..it is just not worth it.....Your not being nosy..ask away :nod:
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby janluvs2heel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:09 am

Potatohead wrote:
LauraA wrote:Are you a star McDougaller, and if not why not? Does Dr McDougall choose people and ask them? Does he choose them from the boards or from his ASW or what? Take care, LauraA

No I am not..I have never been asked...and if I were asked..I would decline....I only have 1 fat picture...I refused to be photographed when I was huge...I have photo's of me now, but I really like my privacy..and although I like to share my journey with others..I prefer to remain private :nod:

I remember that you said that before, however, you do not have to be asked. You can simply submit your story to Dr. M. It says it somewhere here in the website.

I am sure there are others on this board who do not want to be a "Star", but have lost weight, improved their lives & want to help others. Thank you for posting your story. You inspire us all.

And it is funny, if you do have a Star McDougaller story here, if you google something to do with McDougall, your name can come up. So I do understand some not wanting their story published.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby Potatohead » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:45 am

March 3...quiet day :D I am trying to figure out what to have for dinner tonight..I have potato soup...but Hubby want's something different...maybe it will be pasta...will see 8)

Breakfast....banana, and a cup of teeccino with soy creamer
Lunch..."mock" tuna spread made with garbanzo beans on ezekiel bread toasted(only way I can get that bread down :shock: )with sliced cucumbers...water to drink

Dinner..Who knows?? for me it will be something with potatoes ;)

Enjoy your Saturday :nod:
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby rebecca » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:24 am

Hey Potatohead,
Just stopping by to say hello. That mock tuna salad sounds good. Have a great weekend! ;-)
rebecca

Postby Potatohead » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:43 am

Good Sunday Morning :D March 4

Today we are going to Sweet Tomatoes :unibrow: I love that place. I always get a HUGE salad and some baked white and sweet potatoes...it is tempting to get the pizza..but I just walk right by it :nod:

Breakfast..teeccino and a banana
Lunch...Sweet Tomatoes
Dinner..potato soup

Have a relaxing Sunday everyone :-D
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Next

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning