Potatohead

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Potatohead

Postby Potatohead » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 am

Monday March 5

I am babysitting my Grandchildren overnight at their house today and most of the day tomorrow...
My Daughter in law is having eye surgery...so I am watching the kids so my son can stay with her.
Please say a prayer for her...she has Retinitis Pigmentosa....and is having "floaters" removed from her eyes....she is legally blind and has had this disease since birth...despite her handicap..she is raising 3 children, and going to school full time to get her teaching degree..she has 1 more year left...My Son helps out alot, but he holds down a full time job and also is seeking his degree in engineering...God Bless them both :nod:

I brought a huge potato soup with me, so that will basically be my meals until tomorrow afternoon...ok..it's NANA time :D
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Potatohead » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:09 am

March 7..Wednesday

I am cooking some brown rice... :shock: I am not a fan of brown rice,or even white rice... but I know brown rice is good for me, and I bought brown basmati at the grocery store..so...here goes :nod:

Breakfast...rye bagel and a cup of teeccino with soy creamer
Lunch...potato soup(I am trying to finish it up)
Dinner...brown rice with greens, and mixed veggies with BBQ sauce.

yesterday was a busy day..I wasn't able to post...all I ate was potato soup...many times :nod: I never get sick of it.

Have a great day..make it count :nod:
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Potatohead » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:34 am

Friday March 9, 2012
Well, the brown rice did not work for me..I just don't like..so I will not venture down that road any more.
I have decided to make a weekly post in this Journal on Friday's...I am not losing..just maintaining..I post my daily menu in the "Roberta's Forum" here on the boards..so you can go there if you want to see my menu's.
Have a great week :nod:
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby faithslanding » Fri May 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Hey there Potatohead! :D I love reading all your posts! I was wondering what your soup recipe is??? Like how much you use of each veggie? And do you add anything else to it??? Also, ummmm how many cals do you have a day? Just curious cause you seem to do so well, and have been eating this way for years with great success!!! Thanks for any info you can share :-D
faithslanding

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning