NancyG for 2012

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: NancyG for 2012

Postby janluvs2heel » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 am

Nancy,

So sorry to hear about your health issues but I am so happy that you have quit smoking. I know you had been trying before. My dad was a lifetime smoker, I know how hard he struggled to quit. He finally did for good.

People have told me if you drive down I-5 towards So. California, you need to keep your windows closed because of the risk of getting Valley Fever, the spores flying around. I have also heard that it does leave scars on your lungs which can be deceiving.

Sending lots of prayers your way.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:35 am

Adrienne wrote:Hi Nancy

So sorry to hear about what you are going through. Just curious though, were you on any meds (beta blockers, ACE inhibitors or other blood pressure-lowering meds) that could have increased your risk for a stroke? Were you taking Aspirin? I know Dr McD mentions in his newsletters that certain meds can be problematic long term.
I hope you don't have too much difficulty quitting smoking. I wish you good luck with that, as I hear it can be tough.

Yes I was taking lisinipril and they put me on another one to keep my blood pressure down after the stroke. I am also now taking a dose of aspirin which I didn't want to do. It used to bother my stomach, but maybe I was taking it wrong.

I haven't smoked anything since coming out of the hospital and I have read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking, which i had before and gave away since i didn't thin I needed it anymore. I repurchased it and this time I will keep it! :D
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:40 am

f1jim wrote:Hi Nancy
I am pleased you are doing fine but even more pleased that you know what needs to be done in your life to get you to the next level. Seems you have all the info you need to make a decision on the lifestyle choices that will help you best. Good luck in staying on the path and welcome to the club...the club that includes all of us that don't do what we need to do till we are finally face to face with the severity of our past actions. Like many of us we do our best work under pressure and hopefully that's you!
Sending all the kharma I can find your way.
f1jim

Thanks Jim....I guess we all need a kick in the you know what to get it thru our stubborn heads!
ncyg46

Postby KristaO » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:36 pm

Hey Nancy, So happy you quit smoking - good for you!! :D

Here's an 8 sec. clip of us saying HI at the Paradise Cafe a couple yrs. ago when you had long hair! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JpBlxEoK8o&list
~krista

http://ParadiseValleyMusic.com
KristaO

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Krista...
wow! glad I had it cut!!! So much easier to take care of. Thanks...
ncyg46

Postby Melinda » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Congratulations for quitting smoking, Nancy! You sound like a lady who has overcome lots of obstacles in your life - all the best to you and good wishes for great health!
Melinda

Postby Rosey » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:27 pm

BIG HUGS!!! Glad it wasn't worse then it was and hope the tumor isn't a serious one. Your in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS!!!
Rosey

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:05 am

going to my family doctor this morning to see blood work results and find out where I have to go for this biopsy! Will keep you posted...

scared out of my mind with this tumor. Why do they always make you wait so long for answers? lol! It's like slow agony...

Funny thing is that a felt fine before all this Welcome to Medicare crap, now I have had back pain since Nov.8th. after that Barium Enema test.Trying to get to the bottom of that also, it's been 3 months now. It's like someone is sitting on my spine! I wish someone will figure out what is wrong. And I had to postpone the D&C that they want me to get.

I think I was better off NOT going to have any of the tests! :D
ncyg46

Postby kirstykay » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:11 am

So sorry you have to go through all of this, Nancy! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Hopefully you'll get some answers today.
Peace
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:17 pm

kirstykay wrote:So sorry you have to go through all of this, Nancy! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Hopefully you'll get some answers today.
Peace

I have an appointment on Feb 14th for the ct scan and biopsy..will post when I find something out! :D
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:43 pm

well my tests are on the 14th so I will know more then, hopefully! Thanks for all the support here! It helps a lot.... :D
ncyg46

Postby lmggallagher » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Nancy - so sorry to hear about your troubles -- but so glad to hear you are giving up those smokes. I have been smoke free for 6 years now and know it takes a lot to get there. You sound like you got through it at the hospital though. Keep strong in your resolve to loose those cigarettes and beer wishing you all the best health in the future. Michelle

lmggallagher

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am

thanks Michelle!
i the hospital I really didn't care, I was too miserable with my back pain...related to something else. I just wish they didn't wake you up all night long when you finally dozed off to take your "vitals". lol! I am a lousy sleeper in the first place. The one thing I enjoyed was leaving the tv on all night long since I can't do it in the rv! Oh, and they had some of my favorite channels so I didn't miss anything! :D
ncyg46

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 pm

I've been off the boards for a bit, and just logged on to see how you were doing, and found this moved from the lounge.

I hope you are well. Thrilled you quit smoking. I'm sending lots of good energy your way.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Lois » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:16 am

Nancy, you are in thoughts and prayers, especially today.

Lois
Lois

PreviousNext

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning