The Final Fifty

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: The Final Fifty

Postby nomikins » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 am

Hi Kids, Happy February! I seem to be heading south with the weight number again, just shy of five pounds gone since mid January. Feels better than heading north! I'm just remembering to eat more spuds and veggies, not big pronouncements or plans, just living and being. So much easier - at least for day to day. Crossfit is getting more fun by the workout, and once I get back into serious running mileage - watch out!

As always, some days are better than others. Hope y'all have a good day/week/month!
nomikins

Postby RAS » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi Nomikins,You are doing good.Better south than north ;-) It's been so nice in these neck of the woods,I just want to be outside.RAS
RAS

Postby nomikins » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:24 am

Went out for Chinese last night. I didn't make the right choice. Good news is that it was not a ridiculous portion, nor was anything fried. Just not the right choice. I'm also really noticing the water retention from the sodium. PUFFY fingers!

Today I am craving steamed vegetables.
nomikins

Postby kkrichar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:47 am

I have the major puffy fingers too. It is that TOM for me (well, the TOM prep that is). I had hoped I wouldn't have all the SAD side effects this month but I suppose two weeks on the plan wasn't long enough to avoid it. Sooo, that means my lord-help-me breast tenderness started 2 weeks before my TOM. For someone with large breasts who runs it is phenomenally cruel. I wear 2-3 bras at a time and it still doesn't help. Well, it helps just nowhere near what I need to keep the pain from harshing my mellow. One more week to go. Sigh. Maybe next month.

I love seeing you here Nomi.

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning