The Final Fifty

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

The Final Fifty

Postby nomikins » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Hey folks, lookee here. Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to Me (as of January 11).

My journal title is for the final fifty pounds I'm gonna give the heave-ho to this year. The only one stopping me is me.

Anyone feel free to call me out, offer encouragement or constructive criticism. I can take it.

The holidays were fun, and I enjoyed them, but to no constructive end. I'm not sick, have no health issues, I don't feel badly, my clothes mostly fit. I just should commit to getting this done and embrace this wonderful lifestyle. It works and is sustainable.

Gotta restock the veggies and hit the road running.
nomikins

Re: The Final Fifty

Postby giddyupgin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:24 pm

Happy b'day to you...sounds like you have your goal set for the year......so now I say just giddyup and go to it......
Have a great ride as we ride through life...
from giddy up gin <^__~~ Wooo....hooo...

http://www.windowpanearts.blogspot.com
http://www.giddyupgin.blogspot.com
giddyupgin

Postby carollynne » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:50 am

Hey your birthday is our wedding anniversary too! 32 yrs now! Congrats on your decision and HUGS coming your way!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby nomikins » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Hey giddyupin and carolynne, thanks for stopping by!

I'm finally back at crossfit. Today we did ten rounds of:
10 Kettlebell deadlifts (I lifted 52# - could have easily done 64 or 72 - I love deadlifts)
10 pushups

So, yeah, I did 100 freakin' pushups today. I modified the crap out of them. My arms are like jelly! OMG.

Foodwise, it's a bit more difficult getting back on track. I need to go grocery shopping.
nomikins

Postby kirstykay » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Nomikins, Crossfit sounds killer!!! Do you like the results you get?? I've always wondered about it! Yeah, Ikwym about the food! Just gotta get started, and you'll fall back into it in no time! I like to say, I've never met a workout I couldn't out-eat!!! It really is all about the food, isn't it???!!!

I love your new journal, and doing this with you! You've got a great attitude!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby nomikins » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 am

I love Crossfit. The results are amazing - the fastest gains in strength and fitness over any other exercise I've ever done. EVER. The overall body strength makes me a better runner.

So, I finally got some grocery shopping done. Lots of wonderful veggies and spuds are now in my house, and we are eating them! I did get some crack (aka CHEESE), but we got through it and now we are clean.

DH and I ate all our meals at home this past weekend. That is a huge accomplishment for us, and we probably saved about $100 because of it. My goal is to ensure we eat all meals at home this week and save another $200. I'm starting to get into the mindset of the quantity of high quality whole food I can get for $200 as opposed to a handful of restaurant meals (and alcohol).

Now to get into regular running. Got a good (albeit short) run over the weekend.

Happy Monday!
nomikins

Postby toadfood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 am

Go nomikins go! Your fitness is really inspiring.

Just say no to crack! The longer you stay away from the cheese, the easier it will get. I was a huge cheese addict, and now the smell makes me sick. You can do it!

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby kkrichar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Hey Nominkins!!! I can't say enough how good it is to see you here. Do you have any races lined up?

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby nomikins » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Thanks, good to be here! I have a half marathon on March 18!
nomikins

Postby kkrichar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Holy shnikies!! March 18th???? :eek: I have a 5K March 3rd and I'm nervous about that! :oops: I have a half on May 19th. I'm pretty worried about it but things are good right now. I love my new minimalist shoes. This could be the year I find the answer to all my running injuries.

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby Rosey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 am

Drive by HUGS!!! love to see that others are out there running. I've been just starting and my running isn't much faster then my walking at this point but I'll get faster.
Rosey

Postby nomikins » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:52 am

Rosey, your running may be slow, but it's faster than sitting on the couch! Keep it up! :)
nomikins

Postby kirstykay » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:35 am

Nomikins, You're doing great! I'm glad you got your veggies and you're ready to rock and roll! Hope you have a GREAT McDougally day! :)

kirstykay

Postby nomikins » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:00 am

Hey, kids, just popping by to check in. I am finally easing in to this, eating my taters and veggies, etc. Not perfect, but making great strides and doing wayyyyyyyy better than I have been for sometime.

My weight is dropping, so for that I am glad. I need to catch up on a whole bunch of journals. Some of you are writing some profound stuff.
nomikins

Postby kirstykay » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:10 am

So glad you're here, Nomi! And that you're doing better and losing weight! Feels so good to be on the right track, again, doesn't it? Have a GREAT weekend!!!

kirstykay

Next

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning