30 Day Commitment Journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 30 Day Commitment Journal

Postby proverbs31woman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Thanks, carollyne! I really appreciate you stopping by. Wow...that's really sad about your family. My grandmother had diabetes as well and heart problems, but I think she lived a vital life in spite of that. She often told me, "You need meat.". I'm determined to live a better, more vital life than she did.

Today was a pretty good day. I didn't eat much (asian meal cup, oatmeal meal cup, cooked veggies and noodles). I haven't had a really big appetite lately. My thoughts are still about my grandmother although I'm back at work and trying to live on.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Today was a pretty good day. I'm still eating on plan, and I'm enjoying it for the most part. The more I stay away from SAD foods and not view them as an option, the better the plan is. You have to committ yourself to it 100%. Now does that mean that I've been 100% faithful....noooo, but I've tried. I'm probably 98% faithful, but my goal each day is not to purposely cheat or see eating SAD food as an option. At work today our supervisor provided lunch for us. There were green beans, chicken, and rice. Of course, I had the beans and rice, and I added some of my own baby carrots to it. It was a good meal, and I only had one serving.

Victories like those are so sweet! I'm learning how not to feel ashamed of how I eat. It is what it is. I even find myself speaking more confidently about the way that I eat. As long as I establish what I eat, then I believe most people will respect that and even admire that.

God is soooo good!!!!
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm still following the plan although today was somewhat of a bummer. I didn't set out to cheat, but when eating out I have to be especially careful. I enjoy eating out with my family, so that's not something I plan to give up. Because of that, I have to stick to the places that I know can fix delicious, oil-, meat-, and dairy-free meals.

We went to a new restaurant today, and I had a BLT with no bacon, of course. I forgot to tell them no mayo, so my sandwich had mayo on it, but I didn't notice until I was almost finished with the meal. I also had a side of steamed veggies that I could tell had some oil in them. I will probably avoid eating at that restaurant again, or if I do go back there, I will make sure that I cover all grounds. I might just get a salad with no dressing and a cup of fruit. That should be safe.

I'm glad to report that I've been losing inches and pounds. I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 7 lbs. I now weigh 169.6 lbs. My clothes are also fitting loser. Seeing results like this make me want to be more compliant. I love this way of eating, and I'm happy that I'm losing while following the regular plan and not exercising. Of course, I would like to add exercise to my lifestyle, but right now I'm trying to fit it into my schedule.

I must give God the credit for my success on this plan because the pretzels and flour products that I've eaten in the past would've led to weight gain rather than weight loss. I'm moving toward eliminating them though.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 am

I'm getting close to the end of my 30 day committment, and I'm ready to recommit to the program and focus on consistently exercising for at least 30 min for 6 days a week. I plan to continue to follow the regular program, but try to incorporate more MWL meals. I'm glad that I've been successful on the program while folling the regular program and not exercising. I've had two people recently tell me that they can tell I've lost weight. My clothes are getting loser and I have a lot more energy. Here's my plan for incorporating exercise into my busy schedule. If you are like me, and you have thought you have no time to exercise, consider trying to exercise for 10 minutes at different times throughout the day. So far, just taking the stairs while at work has helped a lot, so I can't wait to include more exercise, especially strength training.

MWF: exercise for 10 - 15 min. while cleaning up in the morning before work; take a 10 - 15 min walk after work.
TTh: do a 30 min. circuit strength training and cardio workout at gym.
Sat: do a 60 min. circuit strength training and cardio workout at the gym.
Sun: rest
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:09 am

I'm getting excited about reaching the end of the 30 day committment. I've thought about committing to the MWL plan for 30 days, but to be honest, I don't feel like giving up some foods on the regular plan, so I will continue to follow it. I focusing more on adding exercise to the plan. I'm trying not to go overboard with it, and start off sprinting. I want to just get used to go to the gym and working out. I went to the gym this evening, and it felt odd being there so late, but I pressed through and I had a pretty good workout. I walked for ten minutes, then I did the circuit training with weights.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:13 am

I'm finished with my 30 day committment, and I'm glad to report that I've lost 8.6 lbs. in 30 days, so that's a little over 2 lbs. a week. Although I wanted to lose at least 10 lbs., I'm happy with those numbers, and I'm thrilled with my results thus far. I haven't been completely perfect these past 30 days, but I've eaten on plan most of the time, and I've avoided cheating as much as I could. The thought came my mind to "treat" myself to something off plan to celebrate my accomplishment, but I thught about it, and it immediately seemed crazy. Plus, I have no desire to sabatoge what I've worked for, so I had a burrito from Moe's, and I was fine. I treated myself to a mixture of lemonade, sweetened, and unsweetened tea. (My new favorite drink!).

Today I didn't go to the gym, but I walked around campus a lot. I went up and down the stairs as well. I'm going to just have to get exercise in by walking around campus on Thursdays while I wait for my class to begin. I should be able to get a good 30 minute walk. It'll be a good way to learn about the campus as well.

So, now I'm on to my next 30 day committment. This time I'm committed to exercising. Just like with the WOE committment, I don't want to get caught up with how much exercise I do and what exercises I do. I plan to just try to do at least 30 minutes of exercise 3 days a week. I'm not even concerned about the intensity. I just really want to get into the habit of exercising. I've lost over 8 lbs. without doing any serious exercise and while eating the regular plan, so exercising will only be icing on the cake. It won't be the cake.

I plan to exercise on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I will go to the gym on Sunday morning as well if I feel up to it. My exercise can include anything physical, including cleaning my home.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:56 pm

I've been sticking to the plan for the most part although I ate off plan during a Super Bowl party that we had at my house. Of course, it was not my intension to do so, but I also didn't plan not to fall. I was a little disappointed in myself, but I got right back up, and I didn't let it lead to more cheating. I'm thankful to God that I was able to do that because in the past, it would've led to weeks of cheating and a struggle to get back on track.

I've being staying true to my 30 day committment to exercise. On Saturday my exercise was cleaning the house for company. It took me about two hours to do so, so I had a pretty good workout. Today I had an awesome workout. I went to the gym this evening, and I joined the Body Works class. We did step aerobics and strength training. Although the workout was difficult, I was surprised by how well I kept up with it. I didn't stop not once, and I had far more energy than I expected. I'm not sure if it's because I worked out at night rather than in the morning, or if it was just becuse I've lost weight.

I felt good after the work out, and I look forward to going again.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:21 pm

I'm still sticking to the plan although I haven't been exercising like I'd like to. Nothing much to report. I've been avoiding weighing myself. I like being free from the scale. I'll write more later.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 pm

I've been sticking to the plan for the most part. I feel good, and I like the way I'm beginning to look.

I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks because I'm not sure if I've lost any weight, and I don't want to startobsessing about that. But I do feel like I need to kick things up a notch by following the MWL plan until I reach my goal weight. I may follow the MWL and have a "cheat" meal of regular McDougall for on one day out of each week. I also know that I need to eat more throughout the day to keep my metabolism up, and I need to exercise more regularly.

I'm determined to get better because the rewards are worth it.
proverbs31woman

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning