Bunsofaluminum in 2012

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Bunsofaluminum in 2012

Postby kkrichar » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Good job on the Thin Mints!!! Those are my Achilles heel. Every time I see the little heroin peddlers going house to house I want to cry. I'm POWERLESS OVER THE THIN MINT! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

You have been dealing with a boat load of emotional stuff. Not easy. You are doing great.

Someone in an AA meeting said when he was drinking it was like shooting himself in the foot every day to make himself feel better. That resonated with me. When I'm anxious and I want to eat something unhealthy I just imagine shooting myself in the foot and thinking it's going to feel good and then doing the same thing again the next day and the next day and the next!! Ridiculous!

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby Anna Green » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Buns, I'm celebrating your success today with you. You can do this. Thanks for the refrito soup recipe.
Anna Green

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:21 am

whew. stressing today, nothing that I can pinpoint. I'm set for food, though. I ate steel cut oats w/dates and cinnamon, berries and bananas on top, so I'll be full all morning.

Lunch will be nuked potatoes w/greens; ketchup and mustard.

Dinner: refrito soup.

I hope I can figure out what's eating me.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:42 am

Another successful day yesterday. That's two in a row! hahahaha!

and so far today

B: steel cut oats w/dates and cinnamon
L: steamed veggies and refrito soup
D: baked potatoes and garbanzos with greens

for lunch yesterday I actually stopped at a grocery store and bought a bag of mixed vegs: broccoli, baby carrots and cauliflower. I also bought a box of mini shredded wheat w/cinnamon. by Kashi. This is a little processed to ACTUALLY qualify for MWL, but with 5g of fiber and 1g of fat, and only four ingredients, all of which I can read no problem :lol:...I felt okay munching on those instead of pistachios or something worse. It was the "hand to mouth" that I was after, plus I was just hungry all day long.

Well, I ate the potatoes and greens for lunch, then steamed the vegs and put garlic powder and malt vinegar over them for dinner plus an artichoke!...YUM! and finally felt full up.

so today I"m gonna eat some more of those vegs :nod:
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby kkrichar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 am

Good job Buns!!!! I was hungry all day yesterday too. Something in their air I guess. Day 3 here you come!!!!!!!!

kkrichar

Postby Debbie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:49 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:I also bought a box of mini shredded wheat w/cinnamon. by Kashi..... It was the "hand to mouth" that I was after, plus I was just hungry all day long.

Good job on the meals and being MWL again for them

Can I make a suggestion? I wonder if the hand to mouth "munching/snacking" is a habit you should break?

I say that from total experience. On Feb 15th I was fed up. I couldnt over come the cravings. My meals were perfect, totally on plan. But I was constantly unconsciously "munching" on things. Mostly always 12 day on plan things. Pretzels, little bites of kids sandwiches, left over shelled nuts they didnt eat or Mary's gone crackers or even cereal.

these were all things allowed. But they kept fueling this fire to munch. And then cravings so overbearing I couldnt take it. And Id give in. And this all started from allowed foods. And aside from not being able to continuously lose weight, I felt like I was constantly battling and fighting.

So starting on Feb 16th I told myself that hand to mouth snacking was NOT allowed. I dont lick things, I dont put things in my mouth. If I am hungry, I sit down and eat. If Im not sitting, I dont eat. UNLESS and only UNLESS Im making dinner and Im tasting to see if spices are correct. But I dont pop things into my mouth or taste anything, no bites, nibbles or licks.

I guess you have to decide for yourself when youre tired of the fight. I was tired of the fight, cause I was always losing. Good luck :cool:
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:12 am

heck yes, Debbie. The hand to mouth thing is a huge part of my addiction. Big time. Used to be cigarettes, in my 20's and I substituted food and immediately gained 50 lbs, but even though I am now substituting "healthy" foods, I'm still in addiction mode. I need to change it, but right now I'm changing what I actually put into my mouth, and that has to be enough for now.

I finished well again yesterday! woot! Three days in a row :D

what did I end up eating for dinner? I can't remember. Rice, garbanzos, greens...oh! I sauted mushrooms and onions together, and piled them on top of a heap of rice and greens, and a little bit of malt vinegar and a tbsp of duck sauce. Should have left off the duck sauce.

TODAY:
B: mini wheats w/cinnamon and almond milk non MWL
L: baked sweet potato and finger vegs: carrots, broccoli, snap peas
D: baked sweet pot and something.

:nod: the scale hasn't budged, and I'm not feeling the energy yet, but I may be detoxing. I was eating pretty fatty foods for a couple of weeks, every day. So yeah, my cells have some dumping to do.

here's to eating right and getting better
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Okay, I'm in the midday of DAY FIVE! I finished well yesterday, even eating some popcorn without butter, and with only the slightest hint of spritzed soy sauce...it was SO good!

Today I've eaten

b:rice with canned garbanzos
L: rice, garbanzos and sauted mushrooms, onion, garlic and baby kale
D: baked potatoes with green salad and the yummy Fresh Tomato Dressing from Mary M...

or maybe the Creamy Cauliflower faux Ranch dressing. :nod:

took a nice walk in the foothills today, and found them to be quite busy even at 9:00 am, but it was a nice walk. Got my heart rate up a little while. Worked off some steam.

and now I've been at the library doing computer stuff for an hour or so...better get home and do some housework. Maybe. It's so beautiful out, maybe I'll do yard work, or maybe not. The energy levels are still not flying, though I think I also am in a mild depression, which always saps me.

anyway. I'm happy with myself for sticking to it! yayaaaya1

and btw, malt vinegar is DA BOMB on salad! *slurp*
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby kkrichar » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:48 pm

Wow, Buns, 5 days!! That's fantastic. Looks like we're doing this thing! Let's keep going.

kkrichar

Postby kirstykay » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:47 pm

Buns, you're rockin' this thing! Keep up the great work!!!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby nomikins » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:04 am

YAY, Buns! I'm in the same place as you. I have been humming along really well since last Monday. I cut out all the sugar, and have been eating the lower calorie density foods (veggies) as the bulk of my meals, and sequencing the eating of my meals. It's effortless.

Stay the course, girlie!
nomikins

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:54 am

Just one thing to report. After six days of MWL only, and even a little bit more exercise than usual, the scale moved!

yes. It went up two lbs. :|

and this morning I ate a McD but not MWL meal of a bowl of cinnamon mini wheats with almond milk. I have an awesome lunch planned of col canon and salad (greens, mushrooms, berries, and malt cider yum!)

dinner: spaghetti and oil free sauce, salad

we'll see what we shall see.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby kkrichar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:20 am

Oh mylanta am I glad I'm not getting on the scale. I do not miss that feeling. When I got super serious about McD in January I expected the weight to FALL off. For one, I had been on a pretty bad bender in November and December and gained 23 pounds from my low point last fall. I figured some of that had to be water weight and any change should bring about positive results. Not only was I eating 100% McD but I was also running again. Well, I lost a negligible amount over the next 4 WEEKS!!!! YES, 4 WEEKS!!! Every single day of those 4 weeks I hopped on scale expecting my reward and the weight would go down a little then back up and so on and so on and so on. To make matters worse I had HORRIBLE PMS that lasted the entire time. The first couple weeks was mainly super painful breast tenderness. For a DDD woman who is running that is just cruel torture. Then, my period was 2 weeks late dragging the whole thing out, as I mentioned, to 4 WEEKS! Right at the end I dropped a boat load of weight. Unfortunately, by then I was so discouraged and resentful about everyone else's success and I was leaving for a vacation the next day. I just decided it was all random anyway and ate horrible all the way to North Carolina and all the way back. That triggered a 19-day bender in which I gained back 7 of the pounds back I had lost.

This time I decided I'm focusing on the food. There are so many ways to lose weight. Clearly, I chose McD because it will help me to achieve all my goals (health, animal friendly, environmentally friendly, avoid food obsession) not just weight loss. I forget all about the other reasons I chose McD when I don't get the weight loss I want. So, I finally finally finally took the suggestions of other people here and have decided to eliminate the scale for awhile. The reward is getting to check off another day of success following the plan. Of course, when I weigh myself on April 28th I may not lose as much as I think I should but, hopefully, by then the number on the scale won't be as important to me. We'll see.

One last thing, every time I start following the plan and exercising my body thinks I've been captured by evil doers and forced to labor at a work camp. So, it holds onto every ounce it can to keep me alive until the troops rescue me. It takes awhile to realize this is just the new way of living and then it lets go of the weight.

I know that was a long post for one little weigh-in but your post reminded me so much of me at the beginning of January. I was frustrated but still trying to stay positive. By the end, however, I was so upset I just gave up. I really wish I hadn't done that.

Trust the plan. Give it time. Remember all the rewards that come with this WOE not just the weight loss. We will all achieve successful weight loss if we stick with it.

kkrichar

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:30 am

yep. Trust the plan.

but last night I ate a banana with peanut butter and chocolate chips.

the only off plan anything I've had for a week, and I'm back on track today.

B: steamed cabbage and rice with soy sauce and malt vinegar
L: spaghetti w/oil free sauce
S: nuked sweet potato
D: I dunno yet. col canon sounds good again, actually.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Anna Green » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Buns, hey! Don't worry if you know you are eating well. The weight will come off. So much can influence the scale such as water weight from salt or riding in a car too long. The worst that will happen is you will need to tweak a bit and add more veggies and lower the starch. You doing good.
Anna Green

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals