Bunsofaluminum in 2012

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Bunsofaluminum in 2012

Postby carollynne » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi buns, so glad to read what you have been up to, and the CNA cert training sounds so wonderful... YOU will be the very best CNA around!! BTw every thought of going for the LPN next? I bet you would ace that too. I really wanted to do that, but my knees stopped me and I have thought about that training a lot. Also the money stops me too.
Good luck, and don't beat yourself up too badly! you are doing great!!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri May 04, 2012 5:18 pm

still here, still hanging in. Down two pounds this morning! yay!

and still not much time for online, but it's okay. I'm finding other things to do with my time, which is good.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby toadfood » Sat May 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Yay!

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu May 10, 2012 4:51 pm

whew. I actually have a minute, so I'll do a quick post.

1) I've gained back to the "obese" category (197 is the line for me, and I'm at 198 :( )
2) I started working out this week. I'm using the 20 Second Fitness concept (not the videos, you kiddin me? I can't afford that!) The idea is, go your hardest for 20 sec then rest for 10, then go again as hard as possible for 20, then rest for 10, etc...Do eight sets, and when you're done, you've worked out for four minutes.

I've got it set up for a six day schedule. DAY ONE is cardio. DAY TWO is core. DAY THREE cardio again. DAY FOUR is upper body. DAY FIVE cardio. DAY SIX lower body. And on day seven, rest.

So today was day four on the schedule. I did wall pushups, free weights, and The Superman Pose (harder than you think) and then I felt so good, I went for a very brisk 20 minute walk! The first exercise I've done in absolute ages. My wonderful friend Bill died about a year ago, and I haven't taken care of myself as I should since then. But I feel good with the four days in a row, and the additional walk today was wonderful!

3) I'm recommitted to no added fats, no processed foods, and I've always remained good with no animal products. I have let the fats creep in, though.

I have two main things in mind here. Projects, if you will: improve my fitness, and make my home sweet and pleasant for all who come there (especially myself! ;-) )

It has been a hellacious year so far, for personal/internal reasons, family stuff, and some physical stuff. I hacked my hand three weeks ago, but didn't do any permanent damage, but I will be having PT for it until I get my range of motion back (I can't clench my fist whatsoever, not even to grasp a handful of weeds and pull. My grip is gone, in my dominant hand! not good)

And that's all I'm gonna say about that. I've been through a lot, though not as much as some, and possibly worse than some others. May or may not explore the addiction aspect of emotional eating. I'm working on something more urgent than that, right now. But i'm so grateful that i was already in a good place, for eating this way for the past couple of years. Being well-nourished has contributed to my being able to maintain. I mean, I've gained back, sure, but it took a year, and my BP remains at the 110/60 level pretty much.

That is to say, I gained enough health eating this way since 2009, that the stresses I've been under weren't as damaging to me as they might have been.

The commitment to these "projects" of mine is producing some real changes in how I do things, and I'm happy to be where I am, even though some of it is extremely tough.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Chile » Fri May 11, 2012 6:07 am

Ouch, that hand injury sounds painful! Hope the physical therapy helps with it. I just wrote out a list this morning of the physical therapy exercises I need to incorporate into a regular schedule to deal with some of my own ongoing physical issues. PT works but only if ya actually do the work. :roll:

It sounds like you put your McDougall experience to better practice through your stressful times than I did. 2010 was our year from he** and healthful eating went right out the window as we embraced SAD foods for ease and comfort. Not surprisingly, I gained back a lot of weight, too.

Being an emotional eater makes it harder to pull away from the addicting foods (like Reese's PB cups, a weakness of mine as well), but we can do this and learn to love the healthy foods again. I do love healthy food, actually; it just doesn't give the rush that the sugar and fat-filled stuff does. (Which is, of course, why the manufacturers make them that way!)

Keep on keeping on!
Chile

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals