My "it's about time" Food Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: My "it's about time" Food Journal

Postby Pacificfords » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:17 am

heavenstomurgie wrote:This was the first time I had read your blog.. I love it! It was so fun reading of the different ideas and recipes. I have been afraid to venture out with this new WOE, and now I have some great ideas! Looking forward to your future posts!

Amber

Thank you. I was a little afraid to venture out, but I am learning. It is such a different way of cooking and different tastes that it is challenging at first, but I find that it is definitely getting easier. Best wishes to you!
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
http://healthyandknowit2012.blogspot.com/
Pacificfords

Postby Pacificfords » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:50 am

Today's Plan

Breakfast: Grapefruit

Lunch: vegetarian baked beans and mashed potatoes

Dinner: Spaghetti (rice pasta and nonfat sauce) Salad w/ non fat dressing
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby Potatohead » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 am

Jumping on the "Debi" band wagon :nod:
Keep it up..You ARE doing it.
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Pacificfords » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Potatohead wrote:Jumping on the "Debi" band wagon :nod:
Keep it up..You ARE doing it.

Thanks so much! I needed that today. :)

I forgot to do my food journal and then lost my mind. :duh: Actually I am too hard on myself sometimes. I had rice and salsa for breakfast but then decided "ohhhh corn chips would taste good with this." I had vegetarian baked beans and potatoes for lunch. No issue there. Then I had a granola bar - homemade - mid afternoon. I feel awful right now and I think it is kind of a good thing because I was able to eliminate baking powder from my diet. The granola bar gave me heart burn and it made me research a bit... genetically modified cornstarch and aluminum? Ugh! No wonder I have heart burn. My body saw something foreign and said "GET IT OUT." I'm throwing that away right now. I think that is the only product in my house that I hadn't checked the ingredients on. Bland soup for dinner is going to taste delicious. :)
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby Pacificfords » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:15 am

Today's Plan

Breakfast: Oatmeal & grapefruit (1 tbsp brown sugar)

Lunch: Huge Salad w/ sunflower seeds and non-fat dressing

Dinner: rice & peach salsa with an apple

Snack: carrot sticks, corn chips, hummus

*note: I am going to start counting calories today, so that I can keep eating some of the foods that have a little bit of fat in then and still lose weight. So... I will be weighing and measuring food. I would just like to see if it makes a difference because I would like to make this program work without having to go MWL. It just doesn't work in this house to have two separate plans going on and my family being on board is soooo important to me. I certainly won't be depriving myself, but this will help cut down on me just binge eating - even the good stuff adds up in calories and can stall weight loss. I have heard others on the board talk about it and I am seeing it as the days go by. :) Most often we purchase organic ingredients, baked chips, no oil added hummus, etc.
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby Potatohead » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:02 am

I lost on the regular plan...slow and steady..but now I tend to follow MWL, because..For me..it is too easy to overeat...bread, olives and nuts.
I understand your family situation..my hubby does not follow my eating habits 100%, and my son eats a SAD diet..so I always have stuff in my house that can be a problem.
you will do fine, as long as you know your limitations...baked chips and hummus...can be your friend or enemy...personally..I can't limit myself with things like chips and pretzels..so for me...I need to leave them alone.
If you can have 1 serving and be done with them....that is good.
This way of eating is a life long journey...with bump's and roadblock's along the way...we must learn to deal with our own issues with food..at our own pace...I can honestly say I have not been 100% faithful to this plan all the time...but I do know..when I am 100% onboard..I feel so much better...and the longer you stay faithful to the plan..the easier it get's....you will reach your goal...as long as you can stay focused on the long term benefits of eating this way...just keep going :nod:
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby pixie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 pm

what type of corn chips do you eat? i've been tempted to buy some but they all are high in fat...
thanks
pixie

Postby Pacificfords » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 pm

pixie wrote:what type of corn chips do you eat? i've been tempted to buy some but they all are high in fat...
thanks

I was eating baked chips, but I won't be anymore. ;)
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby Pacificfords » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:02 am

Thanks for the post Potatohead. :)

It is a challenge some days to find the balance in my house, but I will continue to work on it.

Today's Plan:

Breakfast: Fruit

Lunch: Salad & Rice w/ mixed vegetables

Dinner: Spring Rolls w/ peanut sauce

*end of day edit*

hmmm... had rice with some curry sauce and vegetables for breakfast... mashed potatoes and vegetarian beans for lunch and dinner as planned.
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby Pacificfords » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:59 am

Today's Plan

Breakfast: Grapefruit, Honey Chex, Rice Milk

Lunch: Green salad/veggies & nonfat dressing

Dinner: Pizza Potatoes (baked once, cut in half topped with pizza toppings & baked again)
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby Pacificfords » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:49 am

I am not going to continue doing this food journal. I need to take a different approach. I seem to be obsessing about food. I am going to stick to my healthy plan.

Breakfast each day will be a bowl of cereal (homemade granola and a whole grain gluten free cereal), a piece of fruit

Lunch will be a salad every single day... with beans or rice and salsa.

Dinner will be a MWL entree... or an Engine 2 recipe.

My focus is shifting to exercise... and just sticking on the plan. :)
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals