KittyKat 2012

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: KittyKat 2012

Postby michaelswarm » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:31 am

I want to live a long life with my wonderful husband, and travel to see many amazing places.

Kitty_Kat,

Live long and travel.

I'm always learning better and doing better (than yesterday). I also cut myself some slack. I know I will get there eventually.

With the goal in mind, you will get there.

Work is challenge. I'm picking up good tips here.

Doug Lisle (Pleasure Trap) talks about not being perfect in the "Continuum of Evil". On the scale of F- to A+, not all bad is equally bad, and not all good is equally good. Keeps things in perspective.
michaelswarm

Jan 10th, 2012

Postby kitty_kat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 am

Thanks michaelswarm :)

Well as I go on this I am realizing I am making this too complicated. Yesterday I found a bread that I love. It was in an Indian store, but can even be found at Costco I believe. It's called Sangak Bread. Finally I have found something starchy which will be easy to have at work to help me feel satisfied during the day. I have decided to go with the things I like, instead of worrying about how I should be liking rice, when liking potatoes is just fine.

So yesterday I did an experiment. We had cake in the house. Earlier in the day I gave in and ate some. After I found this bread I ate some, and then told myself I was allowed to have the cake. But I was finally satisfied and didn't want any. So maybe bread is just fine for me, who knows, but I was finally full. It's also a flavor I doubt I will get sick of.

Anyways, it was an interesting long weekend for me, learned a lot, and I am ready to apply it. So here I go!

Food:
B: Sangak Bread with a little bit of jam on top
S: some pan "fried" potatoes with ketchup
L: 1 yellow mango, and some black bean and pineapple soup
S: Sangak bread with jam
D: Some black bean and pineapple soup, snap peas, cherries, and an Arizona Tea (sadly I forgot a water bottle and this was cheaper then buying water)
S: slice of fresh homemade bread with homemade jam on top

Exercise:
*Today at work we are doing inventory at the new store I was moved to.

Thanks for the support everyone, it means a lot :D
kitty_kat

Jan 11th, 2012

Postby kitty_kat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Well, I am very happy to have found very good, healthy, and yummy snacks for work.

Last night everyone was eating cookies, and fries, and burgers, and me? I was eating soup, and bread, and snap peas, and cherries. Yum!

Food:
B: 1 slice of fresh homemade bread, made into banana french toast, with maple syrup on top
S: sangak bread and jam, snap peas, and a little container of cherries/blackberries
L: black bean and pineapple soup
S: more snap peas
D: a slice of bread with jam on top for flavor

Exercise:
*None
kitty_kat

Jan 12th, 2012

Postby kitty_kat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:03 am

I love snap peas. Just thought I should confess :lol:

Food:
B: oatmeal with 3 tsp of brown sugar
S: sangak bread and jam, snap peas
L: more sangak bread, jam, and snap peas
D: noodles in the food court :( (sadly I didn't realize how little I had eaten until the end of work when I felt very unwell and didn't think I could drive home without eating something. I tried my best but no food court food is McD friendly that I could buy for under $5 which was all I had)
kitty_kat

Postby BeansNRice » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 am

Hi kitty, I love snap peas too :mrgreen: I also love bread, and being able to have some every day helps me stick to the program for sure! How is this week going so far?

Actual Restart date: June 22, 2013
BeansNRice

Postby kitty_kat » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:07 am

Sad to say I fell off for a while. But I am not gonna just give up. I am finding work to be tough. A girl brought me an ice cream to be nice and I ate it because I felt bad that it would go to waste... well it went downhill from there.

So there are things to figure out, but sometimes it really feels like I am trying too hard with this. There are a few recipes I have found I enjoy, and while it's not very many it is a start.

Anyways back on track as of tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well.
kitty_kat

Postby BeansNRice » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:52 pm

All that matters is that you keep trying :) I think alot of us fall off from time to time. Just keep getting back up!

Actual Restart date: June 22, 2013
BeansNRice

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning