Keri's Journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Keri's Journal

Postby Keri » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:51 pm

All in all, I think it was a pretty good day, food-wise.

Breakfast:
* Coffee (one cup), with rice milk - I usually use soy milk, but we ran out.
* Steel cut oatmeal, mixed with one mashed banana

Lunch:
* Leftover potato enchiladas (McDougall Newsletter: http://www.nealhendrickson.com/McDougal ... ecipes.htm)
* Salad (romaine, spinach, carrots), no dressing - at work, I usually don't put dressing on my salad.
* Orange

Snack:
* One cup of yerba mate/green tea
* One piece of whole wheat pita
* Hummus (not oil free,leftover from New Year's Eve party)

Dinner:
* Baked tempeh with quinoa (VegWeb: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=39585.0) - I eliminated the oil, cut down on the soy cheese, and used both broccoli and spinach. I also consolidatied some of the steps, as the recipe was is a little goofy.) I thought it was pretty good. My husband liked it a bit more than I did.

Snack:
* Grapefruit

Exercise: Walked 5 miles - I do this on work days, to and from trains, to the office. I was hoping to do the 30-Day Shred, level 1, but I didn't.
Last edited by Keri on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Keri

Postby Keri » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:27 am

It looks like I successfully figured out the weight loss ticker in my signature. Yay!

Also, I've already grown frustrated with tracking my food on the Cron-O-Meter, so I think I'll stop that for now. Plus, entering all the recipes is extremely time-consuming. I much prefer listing my daily food and exercise here.

Off to work!
Keri

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:54 am

Keri wrote:It looks like I successfully figured out the weight loss ticker in my signature. Yay!

Also, I've already grown frustrated with tracking my food on the Cron-O-Meter, so I think I'll stop that for now. Plus, entering all the recipes is extremely time-consuming. I much prefer listing my daily food and exercise here.

Off to work!

I hear you on the tracking foods. It's a pain to enter recipes. Capital P.
:mrgreen:
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Postby Keri » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks for stopping by, AlwaysAgnes!

I think it was another pretty good day.

Breakfast:
* Coffee (one cup), with rice milk

Lunch:
* Leftover Baked Tempeh with Quinoa (VegWeb: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=39585.0)
*Salad (romaine, spinach, and carrots) with no dressing

Snacks:
* Yerba mate/green tea hot beverage
* Orange
* One whole wheat pita
* Oil-free hummus

Dinner:
*Pasta Fagioli (McDougall Newsletter: http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2008nl/jan/recipes.htm)

Notes: Our leftover system (I'm guessing most people do something like this) - It's just the two of us, so there's always leftovers. We put them in one-serving containers and take them to work for lunches.

Exercise: I Walked 5 miles
Keri

Postby Keri » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:30 am

Thursday morning is my weigh-in time. I lost one pound this week. I'm happy with that, especially since I really only started on Monday.
Keri

Postby Keri » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:56 am

Here's my food from yesterday (Thursday, January 5, 2012.)

Breakfast:
* Coffee (one cup), with rice milk

Lunch:
I had a work lunch and we went to Cantina Lareda (I think it's a chain). I had:
* Five tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole - I either couldn't resist or I didn't want my co-workers to say "Have some chips! Why aren't you eating any chips?!" - Either way, I probably shouldn't have had the chips.
* Artichoke/avocado enchilada on a bed of spinach - I ordered this without dairy products and while I'm sure there was oil in it, it didn't taste very oily. Plus there was only one enchilada. It came with a jicama/mango slaw that I didn't like, so I didn't eat it. I drank water. I was actually hungry after this meal.

Dinner:
* Bean soup (McDougall Newsletter: http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2003nl/ ... ecipes.htm) - I made a quick version, with canned beans. I liked it.
* One piece of leftover cornbread (vegan, but not oil-free)

Snack:
* One piece of whole wheat pita
* Oil-free Hummus

Exercise: Walked 5 miles.
Keri

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning