Jumping In!

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Jumping In!

Postby cherylmcd » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:19 am

Thanks, gin :-D It's always good to have support in this! I'll definitely keep posting...through good times and less-than-good times and Oahu!!!!! :lol:

cheryl
cherylmcd

Postby michaelswarm » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:43 am

Cherylmcd,

Stopping by. There is definitely a learning curve.

I think everyone takes this journey in steps.

I feel I'm just getting the hang of cooking after 2+ years: not running to store for ingredients; list of favorites I can make from memory; strategies for travel.

Takes practice.
michaelswarm

Postby cherylmcd » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 pm

You're right, michaelswarm. It took me a lot of years to learn to do it SAD. It will take a while to learn to do it right! Thank you :-D

cheryl
cherylmcd

Postby lmggallagher » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:53 am

Hey cheryl:

Saw your big weight loss this week and dropped by to say CONGRATs again. Your doing great! Two things to add - there is a Vegetarian Society in Hawaii - Mike Teehan here is part of that group so we know about it in McDougall. They have agood website and if I wasn't in a huge rush now I'd look it up for you. Will later, if I can remember. Anyway, I wonder if the society has a list of vegan places to eat. If not maybe you can drop Mike a PM and ask him. He is one super nice guy and would gladly help you out if he can finding some food alternatives places.

Also you liked determination as a word to use, mine is tenacity. You can look this one up - I think you'll like it too :nod:

lmggallagher

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning