Lola's Place

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Lola's Place

Postby Lola » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:54 am

b - oatmeal with brown sugar
s - corn flakes with vanilla soymilk, banana
s2 - beer bread
s3 - 2 apples
d - banana, beer bread, quinoa

Exercise: push ups, buts ups, back

No greens. :?
Lola

Postby Lola » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:35 pm

I have to make some changes in my eating:
- add back flaxseed to your morning oatmeal for better skin and hair
- don't eat apples and oranges because of sensitive teeth
- start eating more vegetables again for lunch and dinner!
- eat less processed products

Tomorrow:
b- oatmeal with flaxseed and brown sugar
s - beer bread, vanilla soymilk
l - spinach, butternut, buckwheat
s - pumpernickels
d - spinach, polenta
Lola

Day 46

Postby Lola » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:41 am

b - oatmeal with banana, flaxseed and cinnamon
s - pumpernickels, smoothie
l/d - butternut, spinach, polenta

Exercise: 1hour walk
Lola

Postby Lola » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Of course I also ate rice cakes, some more oatmeal and two pieces of dark chocolate with orange. :?

I just found out some psoriasis on my scalp. :shock: I never had it. I really should go gluten free.
Lola

Postby Lola » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:09 am

Psoriasis is gone.. hm...

b - oatmeal with apple, brown sugar and flaxseed, 2 pieces of dark chocolate with orange
s - pumpernickels
l - butternut, potatoes
d - white rice with tomato sauce and granulated garlic, 2 pieces of dark chocolate
Lola

Postby Lola » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:59 am

This is it! I have to stop thinking so much about food. Food isn't everything in life, there are much more important and more interesting things. I will make sure I eat enough and only ˝clean˝ food of course. I don't need sugar, chocolate, pastry. This is only for special ocassions. When I go to sleep I think about my oatmeal in the morning and when I wake up I can't wait to eat it, it doesn't matter if I am really hungry or not.
It's 5.30 p.m. here and I already ate enough! I am full, my stomach is really full and if I won't be really hungry I won't eat anything for today! I have to study, so this will be really hard, because I eat more when I have to study. :?

I still live with my parents because I am student. I don't find it hard to eat this way even if there is so much other food in the house. It's hard because I argue a lot with my mom. Today she said she have to spend much more money because of my WOE, because I eat expensive things. Buckwheat, oats, rice expensive? I don't ask her to buy me chocolate or soymilk. I also buy rice cakes and sometimes oats by myself. I rarely ask her to buy me something really expensive. We also spend more energy because I cook separate meals. And not to mention I usually eat vegetables we grown at home. So my WOE of eating is expensive LOL! What about packed croissant, cookies, cereals, chocolate and other crap she buys for her and other family members? This is really cheap LOL. And she always says how she buys only things we REALLY NEED(like pasta, bread, wine LOL, milk etc.). We often argue about that. The thing is I don't care if she buys this things. It's her money and she can do everything she wants with it. I just want to tell her to stop lying to herself.

I have to go out of this house as fast as possible. I lived with my boyfriend for half a year and my mom was always asking to come home to visit and why I am not sleeping at home anymore. Now I am here for more than one month and we argue most of the time. Everytime I want to tell something or give her an advice she starts yelling at me. :shock: Well all this stress make me to eat even more. Luckily I am really thin, so even if I eat a lot and gain weight I am still thin.

Until I get away from home I will eat only cheap and plain food. It's no problem for me to eat plain rice, potatoes and vegetables. I won't buy any soymilk, chocolate, cornflakes or any other treat. I have to stop spending money on food. It's not OK to eat so much chocolate and soymilk anyway. Chocolate isn't even McDougall. And I won't be baking pastry anymore - in this case I spend too much time in kitchen and around mom. Maybe just some bread for weight gain. And I have to learn to eat quicker to get out of kitchen as fast as possible and stay in my room. My brothers always just eat and get in their rooms. I understand why.
Otherwise my mom cares for all of us and isn't so terrible, but she can really exhaust you mentally. I really think I am so asocial and non confident just because of her. But this is another story.

I just have to write all this, because I just argued with my mom.

Tomorrow I have an exam and I am not even prepared.
Lola

Postby Lola » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:10 am

I just want to add this: I think too much treats are not good for my mental health. This is why i want to eat mostly grains/starches and vegetables. And I feel even too much fruit is not OK for me. I am happy I gained weight, but I am also more restless and I have some acne again. I also eat too much because I am always stuffed!!!!
I really have to get myself together and start eat only when I am hungry. I know I can do this! So what if I will loose a few pounds. My happines is more important than some body figure. This way of eating can be great without small additions. I love plain rice, potatoes, buckwheat and polenta, so there can't be any problem. :smirk:
Lola

Postby Lola » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:15 am

b - oatmeal with banana, flaxseed, remaining pieces of dark chocolate :?
s - pumpernickels
l - buckwheat
s - apple
d - polenta

Exercise: push ups, squats, back, crunches, butt ups
Lola

Postby Lola » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:47 am

b - oatmeal + flaxseed+ brown sugar+cinnamon
s - cornflakes with apple juice
l - fried leftover polenta with spinach
s - oatmeal with agave syrup
d - apples, bananas
Lola

Day 50

Postby Lola » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:18 am

I am saying one thing and doing other thing... But even if I still use sugar, I don't use it in large amounts and I am only using it because it's there. Soymilk and chocolate are bigger problems. They have fat and I easily consume too much... Last few days I didn't ate any, because I also don't have them at home. :) Fat is destructive.
Yesterday I ate a little too much fruit because I crave bananas and apples so much, but now I am satisfied. :)

b - oatmeal with banana, brown sugar and flaxseed
s - banana
l - rice with curry and green peas
s- 2 apples, oatmeal, banana
d - quinoa

Exercise: 45min walk, push ups, butt upps, back
Lola

Day 51

Postby Lola » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:37 am

b - oatmeal with banana, flaxseed and brown sugar
l - spinach, buckwheat
s - rice cakes, apple juice
d - oatmeal with apple

Exercise: 1 hour walk

I have to buy some frozen vegetables. There is not so much spinach in the garden anymore and I need more variety. :) My mom is only buying canned vegetables, which contain sugar and salt. Would be so much easier if I lived alone or with people eating the same way as me.

I must say my stomach is much better now when I am not eating soy, chocolate, wheat and citrus anymore. I will try to add them again in small amounts, but not all at once, to see which was the real problem or it was just too much of them. Chocolate and soymilk are not good in big amounts anyway, I think it's best to eat them only in desserts on special ocassions, otherwise I overeat them.
Lola

Day 52

Postby Lola » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 am

b - oatmeal with banana, flaxseed, brown sugar, apple
s - apple juice
l - quinoa
s - rice cakes, banana
s2 - oatmeal
d - butternut, potatoes

Exercise: long walk, body exercises
Lola

Day 53

Postby Lola » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:58 am

b - oatmeal with flaxseed, brown sugar, cinnamon, banana
s - rice cakes, banana
l - potatoes, whole wheat bread
d - oatmeal with brown sugar
Lola

Day 54

Postby Lola » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:28 am

b - coconut water, oatmeal with banana, brown sugar and flaxseed
s - apple
l - whole wheat bread+spinach
d - butternut, buckwheat
s - banana, oatmeal

Lots of water!
Lola

Day 55

Postby Lola » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:00 am

This is it. I can really say now, too much wheat is not good for me. I was a little anxious yesterday evening and I was bloated all night - IBS. I also always forget to drink more when I eat dehydrated foods. And there is of course also stress because of my exams. So wheat is for special ocassions only(cookies, pastry) and when I am not stressed at all. I also tolerate cooked fruits better. So for now I will have only one banana in an oatmeal and then stick to white rice(I tolerate it better than brown), quinoa, millet, buckwheat, potatoes, polenta and squashes. And cooked veggies of course. I expect weight loss, but health is more important than appearance.
The thing is, deep down I knew all this all the time, but I just can't stop eating bread and cookies made from wheat. Maybe it's better to stop eating rye for some time too.
I still have to try soymilk if it cause me any problems. If not I could use this for weight gain.

b - banana, oatmeal with brown sugar
s - coconut water
l - same as breakfasf, piece of ww bread
d - broccoli, rice

Exercise: stepper 20min, body exercise
Lola

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals