Djuna's Thirty By June 2012

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Djuna's Thirty By June 2012

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:55 am

Confusing. If your father is buying/bought you an apartment, how are you not relying on him? Why do you have to rent from your brother/dad? Either it's a gift or it's not. Gifts and favors that come with strings, aren't really gifts or favors. If you don't want to be tied up in knots, avoid strings. As for asking your brother to accept shipment/store/then bring the computer in April, that's also relying on him. Why shouldn't he be as selfish in saying no to this inconvenience and hassle as you are in asking him for the favor in the first place? Either buy the computer in Israel, or pay to have the thing shipped from the U.S.; only then will you be able to say you're doing it on your own. Inconveniencing your brother may be more practical for you, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Sometimes "practical" is just selfish in drag. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXId5jOTxdg

Man, that one takes me back. :lol:

Have a great day!
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Moving back to my general journal (Djuna's Journal)

Postby djunamod » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:40 am

This is just a note to thank everyone who has followed me with this journal. I have decided to move back to my old journal.

The reason for this is because I realized that although I have a significant amount of weight to lose, coming back to McDougall was not about weight loss as much as lifestyle changes. I have been seeing so much lately on issues with health, both personally and generally and it makes me so glad that I have chosen this way of life.

I have also come to see that as long as I focus on following McDougall to the best of my ability, the weight is coming off. Not quickly, but at a pace that is good or me right now.

So it seems pointless to aim for a specific amount of pounds when my goals at this stage are more about making healthy and consistent changes rather than the number on the scale. In fact, I have stopped weighing myself because of this.

So I'm still doing well with McDougall and still journaling, but it will just be in my "Djuna's Journal" thread rather than this one.

So I invite everyone who has been wonderful enough to respond to my journal to take a glance at that one and I appreciate all that you have to say to me. I'm sorry that I haven't been responding promptly, but I'm going to make more of an effort to check my journal more often and then I'll see those posts and respond to them more often too :-).

Onward and upward!!!
Starting Weight: 187.4
Current Weight: 182.2
Goal Weight: 120-125
djunamod

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning