The Journey Continues

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

The Journey Continues

Postby RAS » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi I've been doing Mikes'Excursion.Will continue that but miss you all here.Continuing with Oct.challenge & doing good.Fbs on the 7th was 89!Weight coming off slowly. RAS
RAS

Re: The Journey Continues

Postby blondie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:18 pm

89 is wonderful!! :-D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby RAS » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 am

Thanks Blondie,I like that number a lot!!last night at work was very busy,only had time to grab a few baby carrots and cup of tea.So I checked my blood sugar when I got home 103.I'll take it! :-D If any-one wants to see what I am eating,its posted in Mike Ts food log,1st colum right past Blondie.I don't like posting twice.(lazy)lol.RAS
RAS

Postby RAS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 am

Good Morning. Fbs 103
Staying on plan.
RAS

Postby Anna Green » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:21 am

RAS, Hi! Came to see what you're up to and see you are doing very well! Way to go!

The fbs looks good. You have sunk into this quite nicely.
Anna Green

Postby RAS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Once I got the junk food out of my system it is pretty easy going.Stopping the salt and the "little pink package"helped with the craving sugar withdrawel.
I am really scared about Thanksgiving.I am going to my daughters mother in laws for dinner.I plan to bring a salad,but I don't want to eat a lot of junk for 1)McDougall revenge in not nice after being compliant since 10/1. 2) Once I get a taste of the fat and sweets,I don't know if I'll be able to stop....My mind set is McDougall,& the stuff served is "not food" according to FrozenVeg.Any one else with these feelings? RAS
RAS

Postby Anna Green » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:58 pm

RAS, I have a little fear so I'm bringing all my food to my parent's home for Thanksgiving. It will be richer than I've been eating but on plan. I don't want it too much richer because I don't want to wake up the next day wanting the richer food again. It will be good though.

Do you feel comfortable bringing more food?
Anna Green

Postby RAS » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:17 am

This will be the first time meeting these people,so I don't want to be too pushy.I will bring salad,and a fruit platter.Also go with a full stomach....but that hasn't stopped me from eating befor.but I am determined not to go over-board,& appreciate the people,new family,&friends,& be blessed by that..not the food.RAS
RAS

Postby RAS » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:22 am

Doing good,weight this morning 150.2. Starting weight165.8 Out of testing tapes for this week,but I feel good.Will have more by Wed.or Thurs. RAS
RAS

Postby SactoBob » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:26 am

All your numbers show that you are doing the right thing. And it sounds like you are not having any problems and have a good groove going now. 15 pounds is impressive, as are your fbs numbers. Great going.
SactoBob

Postby RAS » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:03 pm

So Far having a good week.Unable to do fbs until Thurs./Fri.Keeping up my food list on Holiday Excursion.Thought I would post before I got lost on another page.!RAS
RAS

Postby RAS » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:57 am

Good Morning. Hope every one survived ThanksGiving.Christmas and New Years are not that food oriented in my family. Today Fbs 113.Not bad with some sad foods yesterday.Some irritable bowel this morning,not too bad but just enough of a reminder not to do this again too soon. :roll: I am still doing the excursion,until Jan.1.RAS
RAS

Postby RAS » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:58 am

Still on plan,weight 149.4 only .4 loss this week.Fbs this am 110.Enjoy the week-end everyone. RAS
RAS

Postby RAS » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Still hanging in there.I didn't go AWOL,holiday wasn't too bad.RAS
RAS

Postby kirstykay » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Hey, RAS! Sounds like you're doing really well. Congrats on a successful Thanksgiving. How did it go meeting your daughter's in-laws??? Happy to see your BS numbers are so low!!! Mine are around the same as yours these last few weeks...feels GREAT! My weight hasn't caught up with yours yet, I'm sorry to say, but I'm getting closer! Keep up the great focus and determination! I'm inspired by your success...I'm going to go check out your food log in the excursion. I haven't been very faithful in logging, but I'm working at it.
Peace :)
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Next

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning