Blondie's November Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Blondie's November Journal

Postby lmggallagher » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Awww blondie, Keep strong today, it's so sad to say good bye to your not babies anymore, when they come home so briefly! I'd probably want to drown myself in my fav sin food, but you're looking at a recent 4 pound weight loss - that was good effort on your part and now you're out of the plateau too!!!! So be diligent and have a good cup of tea and think how fun it was to have BOTH your kids home recently!

lmggallagher

Postby Broadbean » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Blondie! Congratulations on the four pound loss! Your discipline is amazing!!!
Broadbean

Postby blondie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 am

Thanks for the encouragement, Dissolution, michelle, and broadbean! I had a wonderful weekend with my daughter!

On Saturday while we were out shopping I stopped in to Aldi for some groceries -- I LOVE their produce section! Every thing is so reasonably priced, and always looks fresh. (They had avocados for 39 cents, while Walmart sells them for $1.89....it killed me to not buy any, but alas, they are not MWL legal! :lol: ) I bought red, yellow, and sweet potatoes, cabbage, celery, lettuce, carrots, corn, green peppers, stoplight peppers, onions, garlic, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes, clementines, bananas, and I'm sure there were other things -- my fridge is stuffed! I got a 4-pack of green peppers, so today I'm looking for a good vegan stuffed pepper recipe to make for dinner.

It's rainy and chilly so I will probably opt for the gym today instead of walking in the park.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby lmggallagher » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:27 pm

blondie : I'd be posting more to you but reading your's made me hungry for lunch RIGHT NOW. Glad you got a great visit with your daughter :)

lmggallagher

Postby blondie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:39 pm

I just finished dinner, a plate full of lettuce topped with some leftover filling from the stuffed peppers I made for lunch, and some salsa. The sky cleared a bit today and it warmed into the 60s so I walked a mile at the park today. I've been MWL compliant today, with the exception of 1 tbsp. walnuts on my morning oatmeal.
[/url]
Image[/url]>
blondie

Postby fulenn » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Wow! You have made some serious progress--congratulations! You are almost half-way to your goal! Thank you for stopping by my journal and encouraging me--it is very appreciated. :)

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby blondie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:40 am

fulenn wrote:Wow! You have made some serious progress--congratulations! You are almost half-way to your goal! Thank you for stopping by my journal and encouraging me--it is very appreciated. :)

Fulenn

Thanks, fulenn!

This morning I've been thinking alot about some recent comments on the boards about "acting as if..." Will post later after I get my thoughts together on this. :-D

Having a wonderful rainy day today. Going for a haircut this afternoon.
[/url]
Image[/url]>
blondie

Postby lmggallagher » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:10 pm

Speaking of haircuts. I pretty much get the same haircut over and over again. so last ahircut everyone has been giving me these huge, kind of embarrassing compliments about how great my hair looks. I think actually it's the weight I have lost, a lot of it off my face. so actually when they say the hair is making me look younger - they are missing the actual change, hahahaha. So far only one friend has got it right, and he blurted out as soon as he saw me "OMG, you've lost a bunch of weight and the haircut looks nice too. He got an immediate kiss on the cheek, for that! do people do this to you too?

lmggallagher

Postby carollynne » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Blondie, hey I love Aldi's too!
good Luck, and I know the wt loss in the face is just so nice when ppl notice it. Cool Beans, for that one!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Broadbean » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Okay, you've convinced me to try our local Aldi's. I've never been there for the craziest reason: I'll have to make a left turn across two lanes of traffic! :lol: But .39 avocados?? Even though I don't eat them on MWL, my DH does. I had just decided not to buy any more because there are never less than 1.67 and sometimes 2.50, and it's hard to get them when they're ripe. Worth crossing traffic for!
Broadbean

Postby fulenn » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:02 pm

We don't have Aldi's down here. Wish we did as my family and I love avocados!

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby nicoles » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Blondie, just catching up on your journal - looks like you are doing all the right things, and have an awesome attitude!

Keep on doing what you're doing! :-D

Nicole
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby nicoles » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Fulenn - I wish we had an Aldi's where we live, too! :) Those prices are crazy!!!!
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby blondie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi everyone, and thanks for stopping in! I love Aldi, but the closest one is 60 miles away, so I don't even get there once a month. Broadbean I hope the avocados are cheap at yours! Their prices change, but it seems like every time I go they have something that is much cheaper than I usually pay. For awhile they had beautiful pineapples for 99 cents each -- not as big as some that would sell for $3.99 but certainly still a bargain.

Had a good day today food wise, but didn't do much exercise -- about 1/4 mile total from walking to the end of the driveway and back to get the mail. Could it be the time change? I just feel sluggish this week. Need to push myself to get back to they gym tomorrow.

Michelle, you mentioned the compliments on your new haircut -- I've had the same experience. Last evening, DH came over and stroked my hair and said he really liked the way I got my hair cut this time. And it's the same haircut I've had for awhile now. :lol: (Only thing different is the blonde is all gone since I decided hair dye isn't healthy and quit coloring my hair last winter.)
[/url]
Image[/url]>
blondie

Postby lmggallagher » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:29 pm

How funny that these "hair compliments" are happening to us both at the same time :lol: Speaking of blonde, I was a natural redhead most of my life and all of a sudden as I got white hair coming in (early as sometimes Irish folk do) it now looks blonde! It must be unhealthy to be blonde, because on this WOE my hair seems to be getting darker again! This has to be the diet as I am actually out in the sun more because I can walk now - sun usually bleaches me fast. How weird is that!

Hope your energy comes back up, mine went down last week with the rainy weather -it must all be the time change and weather.

lmggallagher

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals