Blondie's November Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Blondie's November Journal

Postby MmmCarbs » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:27 am

blondie wrote:My mind, however, says "oh it's diet time, that means I'm being deprived and I need to start craving white flour junk." (which is in plentiful supply at my house because my DH still eats SAD. )

Ha ha my mind thinks the same way. Glad to hear you're doing well with the excursion.
MmmCarbs

Postby blondie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Good day today, food-wise, but I didn't exercise again today. I had a football-sized sweet potato that needed to be used up, so I cut it in half and put the cut side down in a pan and baked it. I removed the peeling and whipped it, then stirred in a can of crushed pineapple and some cinnamon and put it in a quiche pan and baked until it got a little brown on top -- I think this was Vanessa's idea -- it was so sweet and yummy it felt like a "cheat" but perfectly MWL legal. :nod:

Edit to add: Did 1 mile in-home walk video after I posted!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby RAS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Mmmmm that sweet potatoe thingy sound good.Glad you had a good time with your daughter.My one daughter lives in NY.We get to see her once every couple of years.
Great weight loss! RAS
RAS

Postby lmggallagher » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi blondie - I had a disappointing week big loss and then right back on - sound familar? :(

Ah, the sweet potatoe/pineapple was eri's concoction. Hmm, where is eri and Vanessa's missing too?

Hope all is good with you!

lmggallagher

Postby blondie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi Michelle and RAS and mmmcarbs! Thanks for stopping by.

I have 2 daughters, the older one (and my 4 grandchildren!) lives about 600 miles away, and the younger one is in college, almost 200 miles away. I miss them all alot. Am hoping my older daughter and the kids will be able to make it in for Christmas. I last saw them in May.

Michelle, I had a disappointing week too -- last week I had lost 4 lbs. and was so happy to have started my weight loss moving again. This week the 4 lbs. was back. :?

Tomorrow a Christian motorcycle club is going to be in charge of our church service, and then we will have food afterwards. One lady was pretty adamant that we should have donuts and coffee because that is so easy, so she plans to bring that. :eek: After this other lady had left last week, the pastor's wife said she couldn't eat that junk, so she is getting a ham and some rolls for sandwiches. Better than doughnuts but still not McD food! So I made a bowl of mock tuna salad, and put some apples and clementines in a pretty bowl and that is what I am taking.
[/url]
Image[/url]>
blondie

Postby fulenn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:04 am

Mock tuna salad sounds delicious! The fruit bowl will be beautiful, too.

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby blondie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:41 am

Hi Fulenn, the mock tuna salad is yummy. I made a lot of poor choices yesterday, potluck meals can be so hard! I had white bread with my "tuna" salad, lots of lettuce and tomato on the sandwich, and an apple. There were so many doughnuts everyone took a dozen home, and I took some for the SAD eaters in my house. :eek: Of course 2 of them found their way into my mouth... :oops:

So it's Monday and a new day, a new beginning. I went to the gym this morning and did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 2x around the resistance circuit, then went to the park for 1/2 mile walk. Breakfast was oatmeal with blueberries, and a cup of green tea. Last week I ate a lot of rice because I recently got a new rice cooker. This week, I think I'll eat mostly potatoes.
[/url]
Image[/url]>
blondie

Postby fulenn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Glad you are starting today out with that great attitude of yours. It is a new day and you are not letting the potluck ruin the rest of the week for you. So next time don't bring the doughnuts home and maybe pack a couple of slices of whole grain bread for you. :)

Fulenn

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

fulenn

Postby lmggallagher » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Hey blondie -

Well, we've done it again and had another sketchy weekend. I was all but locked in a room making gift tag ornaments with other women for our Church Christmas Giving Tree. I took fruit to snack, but I was ravenous by 3 PM when we finally got out. I did way worse than donuts, soy ice cream again. It's turning into an every Sunday thing if I eat late. I have to find a way not to have to shop on Sunday anymore, but also I just can't eat in front of others, if they aren't. Hmm, maybe stash my own food in my car and sneak off - that just sounds wrong :lol:

Hey, I also got a rice maker last week. Tons of too soggy cooked brown rice - I will be experimenting with water level I guess. It's an automatic brown rice button, so I can't fudge manually, dang!

Are we going to try for 2 pounds again this week?

lmggallagher

Postby blondie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:07 am

Hi Michelle! 2 lbs. would be awesome, I hope so! After losing 4 and then gaining it back the following week, I've been feeling pretty discouraged. I hope that this week the scale will move back in the right direction again for both of us!
[/url]
Image[/url]>
blondie

Postby Chile » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:03 pm

blondie wrote: I got a 4-pack of green peppers, so today I'm looking for a good vegan stuffed pepper recipe to make for dinner.

Just wondering if you found a good stuffed pepper recipe. I've got a bowlful of peppers sitting on the kitchen counter waiting for me to find the right stuffing for dinner. So far, the recipes I've accumulated incude the one from the McDougall cookbook, a Mexican stuffed peppers recipe from the newsletters, and a potato stuffed peppers recipe also from the newsletters. All sound good but I have to pick one (or find yet another choice).

What did you do with yours?
Chile

Postby lmggallagher » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:25 pm

Hey blondie: Please, don't be discouraged! Even if the scale is not going down, some number is, for sure. I found out this week that my inches are decreasing even when the scale isn't, yay! That never happened to me on SAD diets! I also requested via email new blood work from my Doc, those have got to be improving too. It's all good, everything we are doing is POSITIVE, so it doesn't have to be pounds. I think at the end of the week maybe we should just take credit for a couple of things we really did RIGHT, how does that sound? :-D

lmggallagher

Postby fulenn » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Keep on going! Don't let a tiny stall stop you.

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby lmggallagher » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:40 pm

blondie - you got your two pounds this week, YAY! I didn't match you this time, but I did do a couple of things right, for sure. 1) I cooked up a MWL storm and got a couple new recipes I really like and 2) I got my doc to order new blood work for me, so I can see those other numbers going down when the scale is not. I'll go to the lab first thing tomorrow morning. As for you, you apparently did way more than a couple things right this week :nod:

lmggallagher

Postby lmggallagher » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:50 pm

blondie - you got your two pounds this week, YAY! I didn't match you this time, but I did do a couple of things right, for sure. 1) I cooked up a MWL storm and got a couple new recipes I really like and 2) I got my doc to order new blood work for me, so I can see those other numbers going down when the scale is not. I'll go to the lab first thing tomorrow morning. As for you, you apparently did way more than a couple things right this week :nod:

lmggallagher

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals