LA33's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: LA33's Journal

Postby LA33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:45 am

Day 9

10 oz of black coffee with sugar. Still stuffed from yesterday.

B: Proceeded to further stuff myself with a 1/2 cup of oatmeal with frozen blueberries and two slices of cracked wheat bread toasted. Do frozen blueberries go bad? Some tasted unusually sour while others were sweet. They appeared normal and I haven't had them more than a month.

20 oz of water

L/D: A big plate of 1 bag of boil in a bag brown rice, 2 cups of frozen spinach cooked and a can of red beans rinsed and heated up.

I'll call it a day. See a pattern?
Last edited by LA33 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LA33

Postby lmggallagher » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:26 am

Looks like your doing great! Frozen blueberries I use them too, I did have that problem - it wasn't the age - it was the brand. The brand I use now is organic and all the berries taste the same & are just cute and plump :)

Are you on the MWL program, LA 33?

lmggallagher

Postby LA33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:17 pm

lmggallagher wrote:Looks like your doing great! Frozen blueberries I use them too, I did have that problem - it wasn't the age - it was the brand. The brand I use now is organic and all the berries taste the same & are just cute and plump :)

Are you on the MWL program, LA 33?

Next time I'll look for organic blueberries. I'm doing the McDougall plan, but without intention I'll eat MWL meals too a few times a week.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:00 am

Day 10 - TGIF

40 oz of water, bladder burst.

B: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with frozen blueberries heated up. Two slices of cracked wheat bread toasted.

L/D: Had a black bean burger with bbq sauce. It kind of reminded me of sloppy joe's. Also a cup of hot fresh squeezed lemon and sugar.

Hi to Anne Green below this post.
Last edited by LA33 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LA33

Postby Anna Green » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi. Welcome. I second your TGIF. Like your simple meals. Looks like you are getting in the hang of it.
Anna Green

Postby LA33 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:50 am

Day 10 - Yay Saturday! I get to sleep in and have more time to cook. For breakfast/lunch today I'm going to make black bean and butternut squash burritos from this vegan blog. They're vegan but not McDougall so I'll have to modify the recipe a little bit.

I'm also going to give this recipe a try today, roasted cabbage. Except again without the oil and with a red cabbage instead. I'll see how it goes. I also have an acorn squash I need to use so I'll try this baked acorn squash recipe without the butter.

B/L: A bowl of brown rice, black beans, cilantro, black olives, cabbage, carrots. Vegan chili and a slice of french bread and a tofu skewer with bbq sauce.

D: Made the roasted cabbage without oil and ate half of a whole red cabbage. Also had a cup of the vegan chili and a cup of black tea with sugar.

I didn't end up making the butternut squash recipe because I didn't have the butternut squash. I also didn't make the acorn squash recipe. Maybe I'll just stick to what I know and is simple for me. I had good results with the butternut squash soup last week. I can do that again instead of getting myself sugared up.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:10 am

Sunday was a major holiday for many of my friends and family. I don't celebrate it so much but I used it as an excuse to eat everything I'd been missing. This started for me on the end of Saturday. I wanted to get back on track Monday but I gave in that day too. Today I'm back again on plan.

Might as well log what I had that was off plan over the course of three days. A hamburger with bacon and bbq sauce, regular white spaghetti noodles with sauce in a can, a slice of spinach and mushroom pizza and a 16 oz soda, two grande pumpkin spice lattes, seven crescent rolls with semi-dark chocolate wrapped inside and baked in the oven, two glasses of wine a day which amounted to one bottle of wine when I finished on the third day, and finally I went to an Indian buffet and stuffed myself with lots of things that had meats and probably sauces with oils and desserts with dairy.

I think on Saturday after eating half a whole cabbage it was filling for only a few hours and then I was famished and at sunset everyone was starting breaking their fast and having their delicious meals and treats to celebrate the holiday and I let myself slip into it even though I don't really celebrate it.

Day 11

Today I've already had a 16 oz cup of black tea with sugar. I'm going to pick up coffee for the office since we have a new person starting and on this shift it's always hard to adjust the first week. I had a 16 oz vanilla soy latte.

B: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with frozen blueberries.

L: 16 oz. of mashed potatoes and 8 oz. of a mustard potato salad.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:50 am

Day 12 - Weight 188.6 lbs. The weight gain is a set back from my three day pig out. I felt guilty about it while doing it and didn't know if I would come back and post here. I worked so hard to lose it and then I got most of it back in such a short time.

I went to bed yesterday before dinner. After eating mashed potatoes and potato salad I wasn't hungry. Plus I get so tired at the end of the day I don't want to make anything.

I've been invited to the big city for Thanksgiving and I have four days off from work which is a miracle. This is my first vacation in a couple of years and it's rare to get a holiday off in my line of work. I thought about not going but I need this. I don't know when I will get this chance again. I plan to enjoy myself and have feast days. I know it will set me back but it's what I want to do and I will be back again. The rest of the holidays I'll be close to home for work so I will be in a routine and on plan for them.

16 oz. of water

B: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with frozen peaches. Big mistake. I really dislike the texture and taste of peaches. Yuck. Unless they are baked in a pie dripping in sugar and fat. I will be sticking to the blueberries and mango chunks.

L/D: A big plate of one boil in a bag brown rice, 1/4 chopped red cabbage, small amount of sliced black olives, one can of pinto beans rinsed and heated up.
Last edited by LA33 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LA33

Postby blondie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:38 am

Here's to Vacation! We all have setbacks from time to time, but you have to just chalk it up to experience and maybe learn something from it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby LA33 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:13 am

blondie wrote:Here's to Vacation! We all have setbacks from time to time, but you have to just chalk it up to experience and maybe learn something from it.

Here is to vacation! Your advice is true.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:13 am

Day 13

16 oz. of water

B: a cup of black tea with honey, a 1/2 cup of oatmeal with frozen mango chunks, two tortilla's heated and rolled up after drizzling honey on them.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:39 am

Yesterday turned really bad and yes that's all I ate. Today is not a good day either.

Day 14

64 fl oz. of concentrated cranberry juice. Don't need to explain it.

B: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with frozen mango chunks, 2 tortilla's heated and rolled with maple syrup drizzled since I'm out of honey. Contemplating drinking more cranberry juice. This is the pure bitter kind I purchased this morning at the health food store. Ugh. Chug, chug, chug 32 fl oz. of more cranberry bitterness.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm back. Went on Thanksgiving holiday to the city to visit friends and came back sick as a dog. I'm still sick and wishing I wasn't. I'm going to work on a plan for McDougall meals for a week.

I have this idea about the guy who ate a lot of potatoes for 60 days. I tried that for five days and at first I was good at it then I wondered how he did it for 60 days. I like mashed potatoes though.

I'm thinking of a system with a mashed potato meal and vegetables, a meal with vegetables and brown rice, another meal with brown rice and lentils, and keep with the regular morning oatmeal and frozen mango chunks along with fresh fruits and vegetables around for when I get sugar cravings. I also like the big batch of vegetable soup. These are the things I can make regularly and easily and I actually enjoy eating.

So regular meals I've figured out:
1) Mashed potatoes and vegetables.
2) A bowl of brown rice, some beans and vegetables.
3) Brown rice and lentils.
4) Vegetable soup.
5) Oatmeal with frozen mango chunks.
6) Baked potatoes also made into potato wedges during the week.
7) Keep fresh fruit around for sugar cravings.

So that's my regular plan. I don't think I'll be journaling it daily because it will be the same boring list of Meal A, Meal B, Meal C rotating weekly depending on what I feel like that day. Simplicity works for me. It's when I mix it up daily it becomes a hassle and I can get off plan.

I will be keeping track of my weight loss though.
LA33

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals