LA33's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

LA33's Journal

Postby LA33 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 am

Start Date: October 26, 2011
Start Weight: 189.2 lbs

My Weight Chart:
>

Day 1

Instant Coffee Black with sugar

B: 12 oz. cup of black tea with 1 T of white sugar, the last sour dough english muffin toasted, 1/2 cup oatmeal with frozen blueberries and a t. of sugar.

L: 16 oz. glass of water with ice, 4 hot medium sized baked potatoes and McDougall approved ketchup.

D: 12 oz. cup of black tea with a T of sugar, 16 oz. glass of water with ice, 4 room temperature baked potatoes. Two of them I splashed gluten free, low sodium, tamari sauce on. The other two I ate plain like an apple without anything on them.
LA33

Re: LA33's Journal

Postby LA33 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:16 am

Day 2

Drank a big thing of water in my water bottle for work. Maybe 20 oz.

B: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with some frozen mango chunks and sprinkled maybe a t. of sugar on top, 8 oz. of hot black coffee with a T of sugar. I learned the mango addition will not require sugar on the oatmeal. It is sufficient in taste and sweetness without it. Probably should have reduced the sugar in the coffee since it wasn't much, but didn't think about it out of habit and I'm not quite awake yet today. Thinking about making a butternut squash soup for later.

Drank another 20 oz. of water.

L: Butternut squash soup and three slices of french bread. Two toasted one not. The soup consists of two celery stalks chopped, a T of minced garlic, one butternut squash baked then blended, equivalent of one chopped onion from frozen chopped onions in a bag, 2 cups of vegetable broth and two cups of water. I seasoned my bowl with Mrs. Dash Table Blend and some extra pepper. Next bowl I won't add more pepper. The Mrs. Dash blend was enough. It looks like there will be leftovers later.

Felt hungry still so I had another bowl of the soup while it was still warm. This time I had it without the seasoning and it is just as good maybe better.

D: Not really hungry before bed tonight. Attempting to eat another bowl of butternut squash soup, this time cold. It seems just as good though more solid.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:37 am

Day 3

20 oz. of water

B: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with frozen mango chunks, 12 oz. cup of black coffee and t. of sugar.

14 oz of water

L: Tried my first tempeh product. It was a skewer with teriyaki sauce. I'm not sure what to think of it. Then I had a bowl of brown rice with red beans, cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro, mild red salsa, black olives, diced tomatoes, a few avocado slices.

D: Finished the last bowl of butternut squash soup. It was cold and kind of icy but still good. I may be hungry here again in a little while. Thinking about having some more baked potatoes.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Day four

I did not end up eating more potatoes last night. I ended up falling asleep for twelve hours.

B/L: Had another bowl of brown rice, red beans, cabbage, shredded carrots, diced tomatoes, mild red salsa, black olives and some avocado slices. Also had a small bowl of artichoke bisque and a slice of french bread. 16 oz. of cool water.

D: Black bean and spinach burrito with brown rice and pico de gallo, carrot coconut curry soup.
Last edited by LA33 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LA33

Postby blondie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi LA33 and welcome!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby LA33 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:32 pm

blondie wrote:Hi LA33 and welcome!

Hi blondie.
LA33

Postby lmggallagher » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:21 pm

HI LA33,

Cute ticker! Good reading your meals, I am getting some food ideas here. Do you meditate, or is your ticker doing that for you, heheh :)

Glad to see another newbie - I am just 2 weeks on myself and I really am liking the MWL Program!

Good luck - Michelle

lmggallagher

Postby Rosey » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:26 pm

welcome. HUGS!!!
Rosey

Postby LA33 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:42 am

lmggallagher wrote:HI LA33,

Cute ticker! Good reading your meals, I am getting some food ideas here. Do you meditate, or is your ticker doing that for you, heheh :)

Glad to see another newbie - I am just 2 weeks on myself and I really am liking the MWL Program!

Good luck - Michelle

Hi Michelle. I have the stuff to meditate and have meditated in the past but lately my ticker is doing it for me. My food ideas come from Dr. McDougall's books and blogs I see people link on here.

Rosey wrote:welcome. HUGS!!!

Hi Rosey.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Day 5

B/L: Big bowl of brown rice, diced tomatoes, black olives, cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro, some avocado slices, mild red salsa, black beans, and a slice of french bread. Two glasses of cool water maybe 12 oz each.

D: A huge plate of rice with red beans, two slices of french bread and a 32 oz cool blue Gatorade.

I'm at a shocking 185 lbs. That's a 4 lb drop in four days. I'm a little concerned I'm not eating enough food but I feel full and satisfied. We'll see what I am on Wednesday. Goodnight.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:02 am

Day 6

16 oz. black coffee with sugar.

B: Ate the rest of the red beans and rice cold. It was more rice than beans. Around a cup and a half maybe two cups of cooked rice and a fourth cup of beans left. Also made my 1/2 cup of oatmeal with frozen mango chunks.

Fell asleep and skipped lunch.

D: Boil in a bag rice and a can of pinto beans rinsed and heated. Two oranges cut up. 12 oz. of water.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:43 am

Day 7

12 oz. black coffee with sugar.

B: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with the last of the frozen mango chunks.

L: Skipped

D: Boil in a bag brown rice and a can of black beans rinsed and heated.
Last edited by LA33 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LA33

Postby blondie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi LA! Hope you had a good day today! I've never tried oatmeal with mango -- are you putting the fruit in your oatmeal or eating it alongside?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby LA33 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:56 pm

blondie wrote:Hi LA! Hope you had a good day today! I've never tried oatmeal with mango -- are you putting the fruit in your oatmeal or eating it alongside?

I put it in my oatmeal. It comes in chunks frozen in a bag. When I start the oatmeal I get what I need out of the bag and set it aside to thaw. When the oatmeal is about ready I toss it in and let it heat up. I do this with all the frozen fruit I add to the oatmeal. Tomorrow I can choose between frozen blueberries or peaches. I haven't tried the peaches yet.
LA33

Postby LA33 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:59 am

Day 8

Weight: 186.6

It's not the low I saw earlier this week at 185 lbs but it's still a good 3 lb loss so I'll take it.

14 oz. cup of black coffee with T. of sugar.

B: 1/2 cup oatmeal with frozen blueberries and two slices of cracked wheat bread toasted.

I'm thinking to make a vegetable soup to go with some potatoes later.

I've got one staple down and that is my oatmeal with frozen fruit. Now to find the other 4-5 more things I like to eat regularly per Dr. McDougall's instructions. I like the rice and beans, the baked potatoes and the butternut squash soup. The soup is seasonal though and I need more greens.

S: 1 and 1/2 slices of cracked wheat toasted bread with pure honey drizzled on top.

L/D: Going to call it a day. Ate way too much whole wheat pasta with homemade sauce with green. Yes got some greens! Very stuffed. Drank maybe 16 oz of generic soda. It tastes super sweet now.
LA33

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals