9 Lives Journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

9 Lives Journal

Postby kitty_kat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Hello everyone.

I was here a while ago, but fell backwards into old eating habits. I wanted to do so well that I set my standards so high there was no room for error. Then one slip turned into too much self doubt.

This is what I am hoping to get over in my new journal. I really should be my best support with all of this. Also a kitty_kat has nine lives :lol:

I am now working a winter job, and finding that being on my feet all day is very hard when I am this heavy. I went to go get pants and was just astonished at the size I needed(18). Really this is about so much more than that. A month ago someone I know had a stroke. She lives an unhealthy lifestyle, and if I don't make a change I could end up in a terrible position like that.

All of this being said I am not sure I am ready to just jump right in. So if I need to I will take it slower and set goals for myself.

Right now my goal is to come up with McD friendly lunches and snacks for while I am at work. Any hints or tricks are very welcome. Thank you for reading :)
kitty_kat

Re: 9 Lives Journal

Postby blondie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi Kitty Kat, and welcome back! I don't have a job outside the home right now, but was just discussing with my husband today some things that I could take for lunches, because I am looking for work. I like to make big pots of soup and put the leftovers in the fridge for my lunches at home, and this is probably what I will do for when I return to work. Baked potatoes are easy to make ahead and warm in the microwave. Salads are easy to pack, and you can put some cold garbanzos or red beans in your salad for your starch.

I enjoy air-pop popcorn as a snack. I spritz it with a little water and sprinkle it with nutritional yeast which has been whirred in the blender with some chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Herbal tea has helped me lately, to have something warm and comforting when I don't really need a snack but want one.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby kitty_kat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks Blondi! :)

Well here I am again, slightly ashamed to keep falling off. I seem to have this all or nothing attitude about this, and it needs to stop. There are family dinners once every month usually where controlling the food is very hard and actually offends people. So with this I have decided that just because there are family meals, or say Christmas, that doesn't mean I can't do this the rest of the time.

At work my shirt doesn't fit. It didn't fit in the hips when I first got it, but now it is also tight in the tummy :-( so I need to get serious. Who knows what it happening to my insides by having lunches in the cafeteria in the mall, let alone it costs way too much.

So while I may not have taken to this as easily as I would have liked, at least I know it's best and keep coming back to try :)
kitty_kat

Postby BeansNRice » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Hi kitty! I am in the same boat as you, so badly want to stick with McD but having troubles.... My clothes are tight now too and I refuse to buy a bigger size....only one option! I also eat lunch at the mall way to much..no more of that for me either.

You are right though, keep trying! That's better than giving up! You can do this!

Actual Restart date: June 22, 2013
BeansNRice

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning