Vanessa's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Vanessa's Journal

Postby lmggallagher » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:06 am

Haha - I lost a pound too, but it was the one I gained over the weekend. Sounds like your exercise was actually fun yesterday, yay! Also sounds like you have a fun day planned. Mine is swimming, and then bill paying. and other paperwork catch up. A little fun then a little not fun - they call this balance, hehehehe????? :roll:

lmggallagher

Postby vanessa40 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:57 am

Balance..now there is something i am trying to learn.
It is so hard reprogramming yourself. After years of beating up my body taking a break is nice.
This morning i did 30 minutes of yoga. I was in my dayroom with the blinds open it was overcast but nice and peaceful outside. I can't tell you the last time i felt so good during and after a workout.
Not only is this site teaching me a new and better way to eat but also a better way to live.
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby vanessa40 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Today was a good day overall. I finally decided to do 45 minutes of cardio on my Wii. I did My Fitness Coach. For a snack tonight i had some Kashi and Vanilla soy milk. I just love Kashi :)

Tomorrow is my 5K Pumpkin Run. It starts at 9am. I think after that i will be taking a break from running for awhile except my walk runs on the treadmill. I think it is the break i need...
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby lmggallagher » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Hey Vanessa - have FUN in your Pumpkin Run. How do those Pumpkins run without any legs? I bet you'll beat all of them to the finish, unless they get to rolling really fast downhill :roll:

lmggallagher

Postby vanessa40 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:56 pm

LOL Michelle,
That made me laugh. Speaking of laughing there were a few people that dressed up for the run. It was cold..of course our first cold morning of the year and the wind was blowing but at least the rain stopped.

I am happy to say I ran my best time ever. This is a race i run every year and i usually place in the top four in my age group..don't be too impressed it is not a big race. Maybe 200 at most.. This year i ran the 5k in 24.39 minutes..that is an 7.55 minute mile.

I know it has to do with the change in my eating habits. I remember in the past when i would be half way and my breathing would be more labored. This time i was all clear. I think but do not know this for a fact that maybe since i don't eat dairy maybe all that mucus is cleared out.

Also the breakfast i had helped..oatmeal and as much as i wanted..with a banana..when i hit that last hill i was full of energy. Unlike in the past when i was drained from my low carb diet...

I could not stay for the awards since my puppy is still feeling bad and i did not want to leave her for to long.. so i am waiting for them to put up the results. I will let you all know later how i did..even if i didn't place i feel like today was a personal victory for me and my health..
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby lmggallagher » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Hey Vanessa -

Had to check in and see how you did! Sounds great, especially that you noticed a change in both energy and breathing. That had to make it way more fun! I bet you are right about the breathing; that giving up dairy and other products is helping. I had already given up dairy and had terrible breathing problems. I mean terrible, if I pinched my nose the nostrils would glue shut and not open when I was done pinching. My doctor actually had to laugh when I showed her. She'd never seen such a bad case. I was tested this summer for everything under the sun and not a thing came back positive! All gone now, I still am allergic to my girl cat, but nothing else just sniffles now and then :) Really glad you did so well too, 7.55 is fantastic! Your going to need a Veggie Powered tee shirt for wearing to any other competitions!

lmggallagher

Postby vanessa40 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:48 am

Hi Michelle,
I was seriously thinking about the next race i run in to get a shirt like that to wear..

Today has been good so far. I thought i would be a little more sore from my race but i am feeling great today. I think the yoga last night helped..

Today is my off day from working out..i might do some light yoga later..

Have a great day :)
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby blondie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Wow, your race time was great -- and your training was hindered by that calf muscle! The yoga must have been just what you needed to give your muscles a good relaxing stretch.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby lmggallagher » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Glad your not having any aches or pains from the run! How's your doggie doing now? I have a feeling that the reduction in my pain, and the reason I am being able to walk without having to dread the pain at night, is the high amount of primary carbs were are eating. They help with serotonin production and that like the exercise endorphins keeps pain down. This WOE is pretty awesome!

I love the idea of doing yoga, I haven't for years. Used to do Tai Chi, also haven't done that for years. I think I'll look into finding one of those. Because every time you say your going to do your yoga, I am having recollections of just how good that feels!

lmggallagher

Postby vanessa40 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:40 pm

Happy Halloween

Been a busy day. I had to take my puppy to the vet she has been sick the past week. I think i have talked about it before..she is almost 13 and that is old for a chihuahua. She is my baby and it breaks my heart to know that she does not have much longer. She is not in any pain but has been coughing a bit. The vet gave her some meds so i hope she will be able to sleep..and me too ;)

Confession time..ok i have been bad..i was stressed and ate a few Reeese Cups i had for the treat or treaters. Tomorrow is a new day ;)

I did run 4 miles this morning....
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby vanessa40 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:44 pm

After looking at Blondie's journal i have decided to start a brand new November journal. I am going to finish the book and lay out my goals and plan..
I want to get serious about this plan and my new way of life ;)
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby lmggallagher » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:24 pm

Vanessa: I have a13 year old sneezing Siamese Weasel, he is on meds too. thyroid, the meds are all they can do and ultimately cause other problems. I have tons of sympathy for how you're feeling now. That was just a wee bit of chocolate therapy -- I think it was necessary. You're at near normal if not normal weight. Be kind to you too!

I am working on finishing MWL, but now that the MWL has given me a regular sleeping pattern of 10 to 4:30 AM, hahaha. It's great trust me! I keep falling asleep right on the book!

lmggallagher

Postby vanessa40 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:14 am

Hello everyone,
I am back after a few bad days. I let my emotions get the best of me.
I did not eat off plan just to much on plan food.
I guess we are only human and today is a new day :)
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby blondie » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:16 am

Glad you're back -- I was about to send out a search party! :-D If you were eating on-plan food I don't think you did any damage - when I'm perfectly on plan I sometimes have days where all I do is eat all day and I think it's just my body feeling hungry that day for whatever reason.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby lmggallagher » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:10 am

WELCOME BACK VANESSA - I WAS GOING TO JOIN BLONDIE'S SEARCH PARTY - AND HARNESS UP THE SIAMESE TWIN CATS TO HELP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to see you back, sorry you've had a few days of being down, I guess.. but I am so glad you're back!!

eri's been missing too, must be the change of season's. You think??

lmggallagher

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals