ok now for me

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

ok now for me

Postby dollmaker » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:49 pm

I just ranted about our recent doc visit for hubby, and how the doc was wrong about him eating lots of green leafy vegetables to get his vit B12... anyway..

My 87 yr old father lives with us now, and he can be an emotional challenge, he is a mcdougaller but doesn't follow very closely all the time...

hubby is a PhD in biology, knows everything about physiology, blah blah blah, but eats the worst diet and has all ALL I SAY, of the american diseases, but not cancer yet...

I stay pretty strict myself to the healthy plan but found myself increasing salt and a bit of fat ( earth balance) for flavor..
so far I have lost around 52 lbs, but I go up and down a pound or few ounces every day, and haven't lost any significatn weight in a while...

here is my problem ( besides myself and excuses)
I started out great ( by myself) cooking things I like to eat, makig myself a pot of soup every day and eating it throughout the day...

then I rescued my father froma florida hospital last december, and it has been such an emotional upheaval for me... changing one's lifestyle is one thing, then adding such stress is another... so I guess I feel rather overwhelmed at this point, unfocused and lacking directoin for meals... my fahter LOVES TOMATO SAUCE and that really is all he likes to eat, I like it too, but not three times a day...

sorry for rambling... HELP.... what now?

I eat a banana and maybe some V8 (low sodium) for breakfast if I remember... sometimes I don't get to it til 11am! I know that is bad, but I am in a bad cycle again with not eating breakfast...
by the end of the day i am eating a lot of food because I got m yself so hungry... ugh...

anyway.. guess I just need a hand to grab me up again, i haven't eaten animal products again NO WAY, but the fat isthere, not much, but enough evidently to keep me from losing more..
Robin Armstrong Seeber[color=#0040BF]www.outsidetheboxprimitives.com[b]
[email protected][/color]
dollmaker

Re: ok now for me

Postby rebecca » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi Dollmaker,
Wow, it sounds like you are under a mountain of stressful events. Just breathe. Make a cup of herbal tea. You must take good care of yourself so that you can care for those around you. I say make a pot of rice, bake 5 pounds of potatoes for meal starters or to just grab and eat. I know that this is hard but you need to try to create time for you to do something that you enjoy to do everyday to nurture yourself.
All shall be well,
Becky
rebecca

Postby dollmaker » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:47 pm

thanks Becky, keep IT COMING

hugs
dollmaker

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi Robin...I was falling in that rut too, but with real junk food. I have been getting better with my food choices and it all started with reading a lot of Sactobobs posts and his blog. Also making a re-commitment to getting the last 20 off and starting a new journal, so you have that down...good.

I have a real problem with sugar, and have been trying to eliminate it from my diet.....anyhoo, I have been slow baking sweet potatos at 350* for about 2 hours. They come out so good and then I grab one as I heading out the door and eat it in the car in the mornings. Everytime I do that, the scale is down the next day. I feel content with my quick breakfast and am getting all this fiber and nutrition to boot. Hope this helps. By the way I love your new avatar, you are Beautiful!! Hope your hubby comes around. Don't know why some would rather be sick then eat a veg or two.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby dollmaker » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:29 pm

hey thanks fo rthe encouragement too! I knew this was the right thing to do... come back in here...

quite a few ladies on facebook have begun this journey ( due to my posting my progress) and have stuck with it pretty good, and had fabulous results... one lady did initially then her psoratic arthritis came back full tilt! she emailed the Doc a few times with no response but good for her she is sticking with it! far as I know... it was such a disappointment to me too that it worked fabulous for 11 days, then bam, back to where she was...

anyway.. I am still feeling healthy and my blood tests are good, asthma is actually better as I was able to decrease my inhaler to HALF the dose, doc was impressed but still didn't care about how or why...

guess I am rambling... but maybe that is what i need to do...

thanks again
dollmaker

Postby dollmaker » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:30 pm

thanks for the compliment too... the other photo was quite a few pounds heavier, so i needed to get that off there for me..LOL
dollmaker

Postby blondie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:38 pm

I noticed your new profile pic when I saw your post earlier (in the lounge?) -- you look lovely! Glad you're back --
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby dollmaker » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:04 am

aww thank you so much! you are an inspiration!!
dollmaker

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning